Chapter 17: Why are you trying to kill me?!

I laughed nervously as Jake gave Ryder a death glare.
"Ryder," he snapped.
"Jake."
I bit my lip softly as they ended up in a heated staring contest. I wonder why they hate each other so much.
"Ryder, can you go I want to talk to Jake for a little bit."
He nodded and walked back to his car, driving away.
"Jake."
"Brooklyn," his tone was icy and his jaw was locked, "why do we keep getting into these things? Is this your way of breaking up with me, by shattering my heart because I much rather have the straight forward way."
"Jake, I don't want to break up with you-"
"Then you feel like this is a game? Breaking my heart as much times as humanely possible will get you an award, well congratulations you did it," he chuckled dryly, his voice dripping with sacrasm.
Tears filled my eyes as I bit my lip, "Jake..."
"No! Go date Ryder, hell go date Chase for all I care! Just don't talk to me anymore!"
"I don't like Chase or Ryder."
"I'm sorry for your loss," he snapped, his dark brown eyes looked dead, absolutely dead.
The sight of it alone broke my heart into a million pieces. Why doesn't he get it? I love him.
"Jake...."
"I said leave me alone! How many times do I have to say it before it registers into that tiny brain of yours?"
"Jake, do you love me?"
His eyes softened a little bit but not enough to see if you didn't look that deep into his eyes, "Brooklyn. Give me some space."
"I can't, I love you. You mean everything to me..." tears were streaking down my face.
"Liar! Achocol means more to you that's why you got wasted and almost had sex with some random dude! You forgave the person who took your virginity! So I don't mean everything to you, I mean almost nothing."
"Jake! Listen to me!"
"No!" He shouted, throwing his fist against the brick exterior of his house and stared at the blood dripping out of his knuckles, "I don't want to see you at my house ever again and if I do I'm calling the cops!"
I slowly dragged my feet back to my car, seeing no point in arguing anymore.
******
"Honey what's wrong?" My mom asked with concern.
"Jake made it clear that it's over between us...." I muttered and tears streamed down my face.
"Awe honey," she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug, "I promise you'll find the one you're supposed to be with one day."
"You mean like you did with dad?" I unintentionally snapped.
She bit her lip, "sweetie I'm really sorry about your dad but can you just try to get over what he did? He's really sorry."
I scoffed, "sure he is."
My mom gave me a slight glare, "Brooklyn."
"Okay I'll try to get along with him but I can't make any promises."
"Awe thank you."
If only he'll do the same.
"Hey Brooklyn," Lucas whispered from the kitchen doorway.
"You look like shit," I commented as he stood there in a hoodie with disheveled hair. The bags under his eyes were extremely noticeable.
"So do you."
I shrugged, "I'm not the one who just got told by the love of their life that's it officially over."
"You're still obsessed with that guy?"
"You're still a dick?" I retorted.
"Okay I deserve that," he laughed.
"You do."
"Listen Brooklyn," he sighed while scratching the back of his neck, "I'm really sorry about what I said that day."
"Why did you do it?"
"Dad hates Jake and he said he was gonna disown you, maybe even kill you if you two didn't break up so I thought if I talked bad about him then you wouldn't get back together with him."
"Why talk bad about me though? We've always been close Lucas."
"I know.... I guess I just got carried away that you wouldn't see that I had fear for your life."
"You could've just told me."
"Next time I will," he promised with a smile.
"More reasons to despise dad, huh?"
"You have no idea. Apparently he's involved in way more shit than he tells us, way more than you and I can begin to understand."
Trust me, I do.
"Yea."
"Good night Brooklyn."
"Night Lucas."
Questions that I had were mostly answered expect one: where is Blake? I gotta kill him for breaking up with Savannah, whatever his stupid reason was.
******
Unknown
"Let me go!"
"No way, stop complaining. It's not gonna help you."
A growl escaped my lips as I stared at him angrily, I thought I knew this man but the truth was I didn't; I didn't know him at all.
I kept kicking myself for letting that bastard take my phone, ruining practically everything. My chance of love. I'm never gonna find anyone like her.
Why didn't you resist?
I didn't know what he was gonna do! I thought I knew him but I didn't. I've been for three weeks and I kept asking myself why are they trying to kill me?!
*******
Okay so who are you mad at? Anyone currently on your I hate this character list? Anybody starting to? Who do you think that was? Is Lucas's reasons good enough? Do you think Ryder is good or are you suspicious? Where do you think Blake is? What about Chase?