Chapter 32: Son of a fucking bitch

The hot water warmed my back as I stood there getting ready for prom. It was in two fucking hours! My parents had Brynn today so I only had to worry about me and having the best prom.
Stepping out of the shower, I grabbed the towel of the rack and started to curl my hair. I wanted simple and nothing super fancy so I went with a short black dress covered in sparkles at the top. My makeup was pretty light: just some blush, pink lip gloss, and a little bit of mascara. Obviously, I was going with Jake. Anyone that didn't know that needs to get in with the trends. Out of all three of them, Jayce's promposal was definitely the cutest; he made Emerald a cake with the words 'be my date to prom' written on it with icing. Blake made balloons fall out of Madison's locker, I so ship them! Jake decorated my pancakes with 'prom?' in syrup.
Adding the final touches to my look, I walked down the stairs to find the boys waiting with their dates.
"Damn," Jake told me with a smirk, "I'll just have to remind the other guys that you're mine."
I rolled my eyes, "cute Jake."
"Eh you love me anyways," he pecked my lips.
"Alright enough PDA, time to go," Blake smirked.
Rolling our eyes, we followed behind Blake to the limo that my father rented for us. Thanks dad!!
As Jake held my hand in the backseat of the limo, I couldn't shake off this gut feeling that something was going to happen; I have yet to decide if it was good or bad.
"We're here. Enjoy your night Miss," the chauffeur grinned at us.
"Thank you Calvin."
Walking into the gym they transformed to be the dance floor, brought back so many memories for me in just this past year. I have both lost and gained friendships, fell in love, had a child, became a godmother, and discovered what I wanted to be in life: an interior designer.
"What are you thinking about baby?" Jake questioned as he played with my fingers.
"All that had happened since senior year started."
He gave me a genuine smile, "I agree. If you asked me in junior year if I was in love with someone, I would have said you were crazy, but now I realized what love feels like. And it feels pretty damn good."
A smile crossed my lips, but it soon faltered when my eyes met those of the people who just walked in. Emma walked in with her hand in Ryder's; next to her were Savannah and Chase. I felt like someone stabbed me in the heart with a knife. How could they do this to me?
"Missed me beautiful?" Ryder smirked.
That son of a fucking bitch.
A growl escaped my lips, "don't call me that Ryder. I'm nothing to you, so stop acting like you can call me whatever the hell you want!"
"He doesn't want you," Emma stepped closer to me, "he only wanted one thing from you and he got it. You're nothing but a whore to him."
"At least she doesn't spread her legs to everyone with a fucking penis," Madison shot back.
"I'd watch my mouth if I were you Harper. I can make your life a living hell, kinda like you did to Brooklyn, am I right?"
"Stop running your damn mouth before you loose the ability to speak," Blake spoke in a icy tone, his voice sent chills up anybody's spine in a twenty mile radius, "Jayce trusted you; hell he loved you, yet you were nothing but a dick craving bitch."
Emma's lips parted like she was about to say something, then she closed it again. Guess she had nothing to say.
"Choose your next move very closely, Davis or you might regret it," Ryder slid his hand on the dull side on what looked like a very sharp knife.
Emerald gulped, hiding in Jayce's shoulder.
Jake didn't seem the least bit phased even though there was a knife in his vicinity, "what are you gonna do with that Ryder?"
"Um use it. What did you think I was gonna do? Carve the roast beef??"
Jake chuckled, "I feel sorry for you Ryder."
"Why the hell is that?"
"Because the chances of one person with a knife beating sixteen people with guns is zero."
I knew he wouldn't come anywhere unarmed, have you met my boyfriend?
"There's only three of you," Ryder replied with nervousness. Pretty understandable considering the only weapon he has is a knife.
"Ryder, Ryder, Ryder. You honestly didn't think I'd come anywhere without backup did you?" Right on cue, about twelve people with guns stepped out.
"Thanks Uncle Jackson," Jake grinned at the tall man with dark black hair.
"No problem Kingston."
Swallowing, Ryder turned to him, "I'm really sorry sir."
Jackson chuckled humorlessly, "Now you're sorry? After you've caused all this chaos, threatening my nephew with a knife and now you're sorry? Just because you're outnumbered and practically unarmed. Coward."
"What would you do?!"
He shrugged, "not anger a gang member."
Because of all the chaos, I didn't realize Jake was smiling at me happily.
"What is it Jake?" I arched an eyebrow curiously.
Bending down on one knee, he gave me a lopsided grin, "I'm honestly really bad at these."
Tears filled my eyes as he looked at me, "it's okay Jake. Try your best."
He nodded, "No one expected us to happen, hell I didn't expect it. But I know I would never change any events in the past year because it brought us here today. You could say you love me a million times, and the feeling I get when the words leave your mouth will never change. I love everything about you: your smile, your laugh, you look you give me when I do something, the way you turn me on, the way you tease the hell out of me, and the way you make every kiss we share feel like the first time. God only knows how much I love you baby because I can't put it into words. I want us to finally be a real family. Will you marry me Brooklyn Lea Summers?"
Wrapping my arms around his neck, I showered him with kisses all over his face, "I could say yes a million times and it wouldn't be satisfactory. I love you too Jake."
He smiled, "forever and always."
"Now that we got you two engaged, let's enjoy the rest of prom," Jayce grinned.
Nodding, we all went to the dance floor and started dancing like crazy high school kids.
I was beyond ecstatic right now and no one, I mean no one, can change that.
Jake and I got prom king and queen because why the hell not? Blake asked Madison to be his girlfriend, not as big as Jake proposing but it was something. Jayce and Emerald are pretty much together even though they never said it. And I was planning my wedding..... don't tell Jake though.
***********
Prom was hectic but it had a happy ending, am I right? Emerald will have a pov next chapter, I promise. Who expected Jackson, aka Jax's dad, to be his uncle? Do you guys ship Blake and Madison? See you guys later😘