Chapter 23

Emi's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I was slowly falling to the ground. Warm blood running down my neck. I felt strong arms around me right before I made contact with hard stone floor. I looked up to see Sesshomaru. I was so glad that I could see him one last time before the end.

Blood filled my mouth. I had to say those three last words. I looked at his blazing gold eyes for the last time. "I love you." I managed to say. He held me tighter in his arms as I faded from the world....

I could feel no pain. I couldn't feel anything for that matter. Was this really the end for me? Just as that thought came I saw a bright light come towards me. It blinded me, but soon it became a silhouette.

The figure smiled at me. I know that face. It was my mother.. I quickly started towards her.

"No Emi. Its not your time yet." She said in her angelic voice that was like home to me.

"No I want to stay with you, Mother." I cried. She looked at me with sad eyes.

"My beautiful baby I want you to live. I want you to love and to be loved. Have babies of your own. I promise we will meet again just go back. Go back to your Lord." She sang in her sing song voice.

"I don't know how." I said.

She just laughed. "Don't worry child. He is saving you as we speak."

I felt hands on my shoulders pulling me backwards. I looked at my mother.

"I love you." I yelled as I was being dragged away by invisible hands. I heard her voice say 'I love you too.' 

I took in a painfully dry breath and opened my eyes. I was suffocating in long silky white hair. "Sesshomaru...". I said in a hoarse voice. He was holding me in his lap with his head resting on my head. His hair was laid out so it was covering me like a silky blanket.

He pulled me away just enough to see my face. " Emi.. I was so worried." He said with sad voice. I looked up to meet his golden eyes that I will never get enough of. Even in my death my soul longed for their beauty, but they were all puffy and red like he was crying. 'Was Sesshomaru crying? What the hell Sesshomaru doesn't cry.'

"Sesshomaru have you been crying." I asked. Reaching up my hand to touch his cheek. He moved his head into the touch.

"Don't be foolish. I wouldn't dare do something so human." I heard him say with his natural cocky ness I love. I just rolled my eyes and smirked at him. He then gentle pressed his lips to mine. He was trying to be careful because I just died, but I need this more than he knew. I threw my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. He didn't pull away or stop me, so I just continued. That is until we heard a throaty cough in front of us.

"Hey... I told you to save my sister not eat her face off." A very familiar voice said. I reluctantly detached my lips from Sesshomaru's to see a beat up Inuyasha and Osamu with his loving smile from behind silky locks.

"Osamu your alive!" I squealed.

"Yeah It looks that way. Why are you all bloody." He laughed.

'Wait I died and so did Osamu. I knew Sesshomaru could save people, but nothing to the extent as bringing a person back to life.'

"Sesshomaru, where is Atsushi. Did he get away?" I asked as I turned my attention to my savior.

"I ripped out his heart and crushed it in front of his own eyes." He said monotone like. He had shown no signs of releasing me from his lap anytime soon. I didn't mind it so much. I missed the closeness between us.

"Okay.." I said with a blush making its way on my face. 'How does he do that I always get so flustered when he protects me. Just the thought of him fighting Atsushi makes me want to-....'

"Lord Jackass... This is a very messed up touche moment, but we need to get out here before the miasma levels get to high and we all suffocate." Inuyasha yelled. 'He is right.' Sesshomaru quickly pick me up in his arms and started running out of the castle grounds with Inuyasha amd Osamu close behind....

We watched as the whole castle disappeared in a cloud of deadly purple gas...