Chapter 10

Emi's POV

--_-------------------------------------------

_Dream_

I was running as fast as I was able to go. In an unknown place trees after trees passing by in blurs. I don't know who or what I was running from although I knew it wanted to kill me. I suddenly tripped over a large tree root sticking out from the ground. It was so dark all I could see were horrifying faces with red eyes coming closer to me. I tried to get up, but someone grabbed my feet pulling me deeper into the forest I tried to scream. No sound came from my lips and I was swallowed up by the darkness of the forest.......

_Dream Ended_

I woke up after the nightmare breathing heavily and sweating. I jumped when I felt a cool hand touch my face.

"Calm down it was just a dream go back to sleep." I heard his smooth voice which instantly calmed me. I looked up to see Sesshomaru sitting beside me. His hand still on my cheek. He had a concerned look to his eyes. I could tell it was still dark, everyone was sleeping peacefully around us. Rin's light snores mixed with the sounds of crickets.

He removed his hand from my cheek and fell right back into his normal emotional less façade but his gaze still on me.

I sat up and sat next to Sesshomaru. I knew after that nightmare going back to sleep would be close to impossible. I thought I would try to start a conversation with this antisocial jerk. 'Even though every time I see him now I image him naked ' I started to blush at the memory of it.

"Sesshomaru may I ask you a question?" I asked nervously.

"What is it?" He replied

"Why did you save me that night?"

"What a silly question to ask." He said looking away from me.

"Its not silly I want to know.. You hate me right?...You hate me for being a half demon, yet you saved me from being murdered."

That brought his gaze back to me. He looked into my eyes melting me down and said.

   "Hate you? How could I hate you. I will admit that I dislike that your a half demon and that your oblivious of what is around you, but your special to me, Emi." He said with a soft voice that he only uses with Rin. 'I'm special to him? What the hell does he mean by special.' 'Wait did he just say my name. He didn't say halfbreed or hey you he said Emi. He could say my name all day long with his deep velvet voice and I still wouldn't be tired of hearing it.'