Chapter 7

Emi's POV

------------------------------------------------------------------

My father started scolding Osuma and me for running around like idiots in a Lords house. I tried to explain to him if Osuma wasn't such a dick. We wouldn't be in this mess, but he just held his hand up to cut me off. Then he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

"Emi, I have to talk you about something serious." He said not being as angry as before.

"What is it?" I asked giving him a puzzled look.

"Lord Sesshomaru just asked me if you would be Rin's caretaker. I want you to stay here, and do it without giving him any trouble. Do you understand?"

I gave him a nod for yes to shocked to speak.

'Holy cows just fall on me now. Did Sesshomaru really just ask my father if I could stay here with him'. I could feel the shock on my face.

They didn't stay for long after that. They said their farewells to Lord Sesshomaru and I then headed out the door.

The first thing I did after that was run up stairs to my room and tell Rin the news. She gave me a great big hug and smile. We started for garden to play. Only to get stopped by Sesshomaru.

"Rin we are leaving. Please go pack some of your clothes." He said with gentle words.

"Yes my lord." She cheered with a huge smile on her face. She turned and left following his orders. Leaving us alone in the hall way. 'Great now I made it awkward after attacking him the other night'. His golden eyes burned into my soul. At the moment we both started talking at the same time. I blushed and told him to go first.

"We are going traveling in western lands. I only let you stay for Rin's well being." He said in bored manner.

"I understand." I turned to find Rin trying to get away from the awkward moment between us. Then he spoke again.

"Halfbreed if you ever leading me on like last night again.. Don't expect me to let you run away without finishing what you started." I turned to give him a piece of my mind for being tool, but he was already gone. 'Where did he go. He can't just say that and run away!? He's a total prick'. With a loud sigh. I made my way to Rin's room to help pack.

We finished packing some of our things and headed outside to the stables. To find a huge two head dragon and a nasty looking green imp demon with a two headed staff. He was yelling nonsense with a very annoying high pitch voice.

"Master Jaken, Ah-Un are you ready to go!" Rin said really excited about this.

"Now listen here little girl. Don't you get to excited we don't need you bothering Lord Sesshomaru while his patrolling his land." the one known as Jaken yelled at her. Her smile slowly started falling at his words. I was about to give this little green toad a good knuckle sandwich for speaking to Rin like that. When from out of no where Sesshomaru pops out and hits Jaken on his head. Leaving a big bump there.

"Jaken... Leave her be." His voice still the same monotone, but very stern. Jaken started crying in his high pitch voice." P-please f-forgive me Lord Sesshomaru."

Rin and I had to hold in our giggles at this.

I noticed that his eyes lingered on me before he started walking away. Both Rin and Jaken started running after Sesshomaru yelling wait for me with Ah-Un following. I looked back at the castle one last time before I followed behind them...