Chapter 2

Emi POV

___________________________________________

           "Emi, wake up!" Mizuki yelled while tapping my shoulder.

       I quickly shoved the blanket over my head. "But I'm so comfortable." I mumbled. Mizuki put her hand to her temple and closed her eyes.  She grabbed the blanket from my face and pulled me out of bed with her super strength towards the bathroom so I could bathe. I yawned and stretched before undressing and hopped into the warm bath tub. When I finished washing. I made my way back to my room where Mizuki held out a very heavy looking kimono. It was mostly blue with sliver and pink patterns of cherry blossom trees.

I look at it in disgust. She gave me an angry scowl. I sighed loudly and allowed her to helped me into it.

I really did not want to go. If it wasn't for my father telling me to be on my best behavior I would probably introduce my poisonous claws to a few faces. I guess it makes it better knowing my brother Osamu was going. He looked just like father midnight black hair and the bright violet eyes. Unlike me he is a full demon, but he has always been my best friend.

{flashback}

After my mother was murdered by a gang of bandits when I was 5. My father showed up and took me to his palace to live. I remember arriving here being so scared, and my heart was broke from the pain of losing my mother. I thought I was alone in the world. Osamu, being 8 at that time, ran up and embraced me. "I'll always be here for you." and ever since then we have been best friends.

{flashback ended}

   We finished preparing me for this pathetic event. I admired myself mirror. Yeah I guess I was pretty I had long silky black hair that reached down my back at the top of my head I had point white dog ears. My face had pretty features with big bright green eyes, and I was short with small frame. I took one last look in the mirror before I thanked Mizuki, headed outside to Osamu.

"Emi you look like a girl." Osamu laughed as I walked out. I gave him one of those I'll-kick-your-butt-if-you-don't-shut-up glares although he just gave me a warm smile. We continued together to the carriage of doom. I just wish this night would be over already....

_________________________________________

Sesshomaru's POV

I waited next to Jaken and My mother in the main hall of my palace waiting for our guest to arrive. Who does his mother think she is making this diayokai host a ball. Just standing next to this woman makes me aggravated. I look down at my mother with scowl, but holding my emotional less façade.

I couldn't hit my mother, so I hit Jaken instead.

"B-but Milord w-what did I do?" Jaken whined. I just gave him and angry glare, and he shut up and step away slowly.

She has no idea the pain I could make her feel for doing this to me. What was this for to find a mate? What a pointless matter. "Emotions disgust me" it is a sign of weakness, and I Lord Sesshomaru will never do that. All I need is myself....