Chapter Three - Hold Me - Coming Soon to Galatea

Once we were outside I tried to move away from him, but my body wasn't working cohesively and I almost fell. Xavier caught me by the waist once again then sighed.

"I know you don't want me touching you, just let me get you home" He said tightly

"Why do you even care." I laughed.

Xavier didn't say anything, instead he unlocked his car as we reached it and opened the passengers door for me. He drove, while I rocked back and forth, trying to rock the nausea from my gut, and the spinning from my head.

"You dressed differently tonight" Xavier said, he sounded amused.

My body tensed and I felt my face blush. I moved my hands to stretch the fabrics so that they covered more, but it was futile.

"You look fine, gorgeous actually, stop worrying." Xavier whispered, his voice was low "I just like casual you too" he added.

He liked casual me. What the hell did that mean.

"Why are you being so nice" I asked as I stopped rocking to look at him.

"One day I will tell you" he said with a knowing smile.

"Tell me now, I'm plastered, I won't remember a thing in the morning" I croaked.

Xavier pulled into a driveway. My driveway. How had we made it here. How did he even know where I lived?

"How... how do you know where I live Xavier?"

Xavier undone his belt and got out of the car. He walked around to my door and helped me out.

"I asked around" He whispered, as his hand once again slipped around my waist. Oh god. He couldn't come inside. I hadn't cleaned and my cats would be postal now without me.

"I uh, I can take care of myself" I whispered, attempting to push his arm away.

Xavier laughed "I doubt that very much. I'd prove it to you by letting you walk alone, but I am sure you don't want to graze your knees"

I scoffed, but deep down I knew he was right. There was a reason I didn't drink, and this was it, I lost all control. Control of myself physically and mentally. It left me vulnerable and reliant on others. Things I hated being.

Somehow among the drunken stumble we ended up inside. My cats, as expected bolted for me. Choc and Pudding, chose to meow then run out the door, but Vax and Aster persisted with an incessant meowing at my feet.

"Shut it Vax" I groaned

"Huh?" Xavier said, his voice was confused, the blush in my cheeks returned and I realized I was going to have to explain.

"My cat's name" I replied, quietly.

Xavier chuckled and looked down at the cat. "Never had a pussy named after me before"

"No, you probably just spend all your time trying out as many human ones as you can" I replied without thinking.

Xavier's grip loosened and sighed heavily. "I need to go, let's get you to your room"

Xavier stopped and lifted me up. My slow coach pace wasn't fast enough for him anymore. I'd offended him again, Except this time I felt guilty. I wanted to apologize, but the words didn't leave my mouth.

I rest my head against his chest again. He smelt like aniseed and vanilla. I liked it. I was dreading him putting me down. I wanted to stay right here. I felt safe right here.

"Really" He laughed again, this time as he stood beside my head. "I knew you liked Vax" He murmured as he placed me down. I looked beside us and found myself wondering what else I could possibly do to embarrass myself. The poster I'd unfolded after the dinner the night before was still sitting on my bed.