Chapter 22

7 years earlier
Trevor's POV

"Vee!" I call out her name once again. "Where have you gone!"

I gave a huge sigh of annoyance and dragged myself upstairs because that's the only part of the house left. She's not in her room, or mine or my parents which is downstairs so she's probably playing with Uncle Zach in his room upstairs.

I raise my hand to knock, but decide otherwise. Why should I knock? It's not like Uncle is alone or something, but then again, why would the door be closed if Vee is also inside.

I grip the doorknob in my hands and even after applying some pressure, it doesn't even budge.
This is very unusual.

"Uncle Zach? Do you know where Vee is?" I shouted, and placed my ear to the door.

There were muffled voices from inside so there was no doubt that Uncle wasn't alone. He was supposed to be babysitting us, rather he invited his disgusting friends home, even though he knows Ver doesn't feel comfortable around them?

Nobody responds.

Something is definitely wrong.

And where the hell is my sister?!

Recalling mom's previous conversation with Dad, I sprint downstairs and into her room. Swiftly turning on the lights, I yank open the drawer and fish for the keys.

Then I run back, as if I know something is not alright.

Panting, I insert the key in with trembling hands. My sister, my love is not fine. I know she's not because this feeling inside my stomach is bad. It screams she's unsafe.

I push the door with all the force.

And the view of my sister before my eyes makes my knees jelly. My eyes burn with tears as I take in my little girls trembling form.

But Zach is nowhere in the room.

"Trevvy," she whispers with so much pain that I almost sob for eternity. "I told you before also he doesn't make me feel comfortable."

Why did bad things happen to good people?

Present
Manchester, United Kingdom

I look up at the stars blanketing the sky and let the pain finally wash over me. Then I wondered, stars cannot shine without darkness, and maybe this darkness which was inside me is not bad after all.

Maybe I'll have my stars too.

Because right now? In a mess I am? Hope is the only thing I can cling to. If I lose it too, then I am nothing but a soul who would exist.

Not live, but just exist.

"I miss you, Vee," I whispered, more to myself. But maybe my innocent baby girl was listening to me. A broken boy can hope.

Broken? I almost laugh at my own thoughts. I am beyond broken at the moment. Usually, broken things can be mended. A broken heart? It can be healed with time, but not in my case.

I'm wholly screwed.

"Where'd you go?"

I look sideways to my very new friend I made in a week, who also gave me his couch in the living room to sleep on.

"Right here," I said, waving my controller in Mike's face.

He rolls his eyes and pauses the video game.

"I gotta go make a call. Don't cheat while I am gone," he warns.

I give him a thumbs up. "You can count on me."
___
I know this is super short but don't you worry that pretty head of yours.
I'll explain everything about Trevor and his sudden plan to go to UK instead of his own country.
Stay tuned
And I'll also explain this sky and stars thing tomorrow because I AM SUPER TIRED
🌸🌸🌸🌸