Chapter 20

Leah
Heart break. Betrayal. Lies.

They manage to destroy a person. They can shatter them in less than a millisecond.

Two days back, I thought coming to Pakistan would be a wise decision in order to exorcise some of the pain from my past. Little did I know that it would be worse than anything I ever came across.

Trevor.

He lied to me. He's been lying to me for years, keeping me in the dark, away from the reality. The truth. I was ready to accept the painful truth than live under a rock, oblivious to the fact that the person I held so much dear was none other than the nephew of Zachary, my tormentor.

I think I am dead. I haven't eaten since then, have locked myself in this hotel room and refused to talk to anyone.

I haven't showered, or changed my clothes, brushed the nest on my head, and I think I am not even breathing.

How could he do this to me?

I thought he cared for me, looked after me, and he really did, however I don't think any of it was real.

All of this, it's like a scary nightmare, but I know it's part of reality which makes it even more worse.

"Lee. . . I am begging you, please open the door."

He's been outside my room from 5 hours straight now. It's midnight now.

I don't know for how long he is going to sit out there, and honestly I couldn't care less. Lie. You still care about him, even though his uncle tried to destroy your life. The same blood runs through his veins, my subconscious says, if only she could shut up for some time.

Bang!

"I swear to God if you don't open this door right away, I am going to break it."

Bang!

"LEAH! Dammit open up!"

I was too numb to even yell at him to get the hell away. There was a roll of nausea in my stomach every time Zachary's and Trevor's picture flashed through my eyes, I just . . . couldn't get it out if my head.

They both were smiling at the lens of the camera with their arms on each others shoulder. The view was telling me it was the time when Trevor went for vacations three years ago.

I felt a bolt of electric current within me when the lock to my door fell out and entered a man who was familiar to me as Trevor.

Was it possible to actually feel your heart clenching so tight that it refused to pump any more blood to your body? I was positive this was exactly how I felt.

He stood there with his chest heaving as those eyes I am familiar with took in my current state. I bet he could smell my stink from where he was. His shoulders sagged, and he choked out, "What have you done to yourself. . ."

What have I done to myself? Maybe, Trevor, I just found out that the man who was seconds away from taking my innocence was none other than your uncle, your family and you have the audacity to ask me that question?

But those words just stay rooted in my head. Instead I croak, "Shame on you."

His jaw works back and forth continuously while his now painful eyes remain planted on my face. I refuse to look away too, because no matter how dear I hold him, the shame, the pain in his eyes is a slight source of comfort for me.

I didn't know there was a part of me that could even despise seeing Trevor right now. But sadly , there is. It exists and I feel it in every bone of my body.

He mechanically strides forward and drops on his knees at my feet, his head dropped down.
"You have every right to hate me."

I remain silent, despite the constant stir of sadness and dark emotions within my heart.

"I know I should've told you before—an—and I know I screwed everything between us." He breathed in deep. "I'll tell you everything, Leah, I promise. I will not leave anything behind., jus—just give me one chance."

His words pierced through my flesh, my heart, and ignited  a feeling of warmth for him. Why was I like this, ready to accept his words and give him another chance?

For all I know, he could be a part of all Zachary did. He could've been sweet to me, protective of me, cared for me just for show so one day when I trusted him with my life—-

What if. . .

No. . .

But what if this was his plan all along, to be my best friend and then. . . destroy me?

Shatter me?

There was a sudden crawl of fear up my legs which both hurt and panicked me. I drew my legs to my chest and hugged the so tightly as if my life was dependent on it.

"No no no no no please don't hurt—-don't hurt me!" I cried, rocking back and forth.

He immediately stood up with panic glossed over his face and raised his hand to touch me when I screamed.

All the contents of dark emotions that were stored forcefully within me for the past two days came flooding out in that one scream which shook the whole room.

My eyes snapped shut on their own and it felt like I had finally lost my mind, because who screams like that, right? Where you know you could probably lose your voice or your throat could get damaged.

There was a rush of voices and then people yelling and shouting my name out of which only one didn't seem foreign to me.

It belonged to Hunter. I wished so bad that it was Hunter instead of Trevor who had me in this state but like they say. . .

You don't always get what you want.

And I believed that because whatever happens, happens for a reason.

Maybe God had other, better plans for me and with Trevor no longer being in my life, I could begin a new one with burying the previous one behind?

Slowly, everything began to fade away, and then I lost control of my senses.

There was just darkness in front of my eyes. But even though that, Trevor's infectious, heart warming smile flashed through my eyes before I went unconscious.

After all, he was my very own person sun.
____
What if she ends up with Hunter?
Or. . . just loses her memory because of the current events in her life that burdens her head?
Who knows *evil smirk*
Stay tuned to find out
Lots of love 💕