Chapter 14

Leah
The car comes to a halt at the front of a very posh house, with a small fountain that can be seen in the well kept garden from here.

"That's such a beautiful house," I wonder in awe, gazing at the big black gates.

I obviously knew Hunter is filthy rich, but it's the very first time I'm seeing his house. No wonder why his cologne always smells heavenly.

"He's not even out yet, and you're already blushing," Trevor says out of nowhere. I turn my head, and glare at him. "Yup, definitely."

I manage to roll my eyes at him, although I would've preferred to just rip out his throat.
"You assume. A lot."

"My assumptions often turn out to be real, though. No denying in that case." He unbuckles his seatbelt and shifts in his seat to face me, amusement written clear across his face. His lips curl back to show his bright grin. "Or. . . Is it my intent and piercing gaze that brings a cute pink colour to your cheeks?"

If there was any doubt I wasn't blushing earlier, I definitely was now. There was definitely no denying in that. I could feel it.

I tried to hide my nervousness with a scoff. Poor try. "As I said, you assume a lot."

He fake hurts by placing his hand across his chest and pushing out his bottom lip in a pout. My heart melted at the sight.

"Gee, a guy can't even predict," he teases, smirking.

Just then, there was a knock on my window. From Trevor's sour expression, I know it's Hunter. I just don't get it why he has started to act so stubborn with him, and me obviously.  Does this have to do anything with Trevor's father? I know what kind of a callous man he is. I jot down the possibilities and store the paper at a safe place in mind. Later, Trevor I wondered.

I turned left, and smiled upon seeing the bright face of Hunter. He grinned at me, and then winked, making me blush again. Stupid hormones.

I tried to open the door, but it didn't even bulge. A frown etched on my face, as I tried for the second, third and fourth time. I closed my eyes and drew in a deep, steady breath trying my level best to stay calm.

"Trevor. . ." I groaned, turning to him angrily.

He smiled sweetly. "Yes, Lee?"

"The lock. Open it."

"On one condition."

I jammed my fist in my mouth preventing myself from screaming in frustration. He noticed my uneasiness and smirked, holding out a finger above my head.

Oh, poor Hunter!

"What's that, now?" I asked, annoyance lacing my voice. This guy is good in bringing out the worst of me.

He gazed into my eyes, suddenly serious. "You won't wear any guys jersey. And if you're too much in the football feels, then you're more than welcome to wear mine. Only mine."

I was dumbfounded by his condition. Of course, I wouldn't think of even wearing any random guys jersey, not even Hunter's, but Trevor wasn't trying to see anything. Didn't he notice the stimulation in our friendship? Did we not start picking fights every now and then? Or how much possessive he gets around other boys?

I'm stressed.

I massaged my head that was starting to ache because of the loads of thoughts swimming in my head. "Fine. Now unlock." I felt drained.

He looked at me through worried eyes. His face fell. "Are you okay? Lee?"

"Not right now. We'll talk later."