CHAPTER 3:Stop messing with my mind

After promising myself l would get a one night stand l walk out of the club mad and jealous that Nathan kissed another girl and l am not daring him, he is my rival but he got me like this.

Got to work early

"Laura any meeting or meet up for me before 10 am."

"No, your first is during lunch."

"Thank God"

"You okay mem."

"Perfectly fine."

Time to catch up on my sleep l told myself. So l slept on the desk an old habit l had in high school before the teacher came after not having e bek ugh sleep after a whole night of parting or clubbing.
The non benefits were that l would have neck and back problems. I pray Iris won't come and wake me up. I slowly drifted off to sleep and l could see was him, Nathan, on cation opinion Huawei could have been best of it was a honeymoon. We were having so much love to give each other. Iris was checking up on me like always and she was having a vacation withe the club guy she had just met. At least she had found love.

Indistinct chatter and shouting

It became closer and closer

"Sir, sir excuse me no one is supposed to be see her now and l should notify her before you get in, l can get fired sir , this is my only job, bear with me sir."

Laura l swear if you let anyone enter on me like this you are fired and you know it very well. Still had my head on the table hoping she could not let him enter or else.

Phone rings.

Aaarrhgggg

"Hello"

"Nicole you gotta wake up okay cause l don't think you want to be seen like this."

"Who is coming?"

"Nathan Pierce.."

Door opens and Laura runs to me with an apologetic face worn snd l nodded to her and asked her to leave.

"Too late."

Disconnected the call, how bad did l look really l donno nut l gotta go and fix myself. I stand up

"Nathan, how may l help you."

Fixing my face on my way to meet him so that l use the bathroom. He looked at me scanned me up and curving every part my body curved.

Sent shivers down my spine,

"Having hangovers , Nicole in the office."

"Not even, was just tired."

He took two steps closing the space within us and all he just did was to sniff me to find some aspects of alcohol.

Fuck dude

Why did l even expect him to kiss me, shit , he waited for a few more seconds like this now looking in my eyes and all he said was

"Don't go clubbing if you can't handle the hangover,Nicole."

What?
Of all the things to say he said that oh God

"Excuse me, l have work to do."

Got a grip on my wrist,

"You running away now Nicole."

"Not even, you came unannounced so l had a schedule to work with."

"Laura said your first meet up is during lunch."

Laura, whyyyy.

"Okay what did you want then Mr Pierce."

"To check up on you."