44. New Territory

I slowly awoke to a small dimly lit room. The only light there was, was coming from a long narrow metal barred window above my head. My head was throbbing in pain as I tried to sit up. I didn't know how long I'd been out of it. I remembered being drugged- feeling their lips imprinted on mine. They kissed me in ways that would stick in my mind. I wiped my mouth with my arm like it was actually going to do something or change the memory. I looked down to see a wristband on my wrist. It was dark grey and had a thick rubber texture all around it. By the looks of it, I couldn't figure out how they put it on me. It had no beginning and no end to it. I gave up pulling on in after 10 minutes of struggling.

The room was lukewarm at best. I was given a small blanket and thin mattress cushion to sleep on. I looked around and all there was to see was cement. From the floor to the ceiling all four walls were cold hard cement. I looked at the dark grey floor and the light cement walls. Was I in a jail cell? The only thing that wasn't made of that material was the door. It was metal and there was no handle to open it. I tried to stand and my knees nearly gave out. Where was I? Across from me was a small shelf protruding from the wall. There was a paper cup sitting on it and two pills. Next to it was a note reading "Take for your headache" I must've been out for hours because my throat was parched and I was desperate for water.

I didn't trust the pills at first but then I thought to myself, if the guys wanted me dead, they would've just done it, not sent me away to die. What else did I have to lose. I dipped my finger in the clear liquid filled cup. I tasted my finger to make sure. It was just water. I took the pills and drank the water as well.

I slowly stood up and went to the door. I tried pushing on it until I noticed a camera watching me from above. I tried the obvious asking politely since it wasn't going to hurt. "Hello, please let me go. I don't belong here. I'm a mother and I just want to see my kids". Maybe whoever was watching had a heart. I waited and tried again, banging on the door. I heard nothing but the sound of my own small echo throughout the room. I had no other choice but to sit on the bed and just wait.
.
.
After what felt like forever, but was probably 2 hours of sitting on the bed in silence and singing to myself, the door opened. I sat there staring, as a tall man entered the room partially and stopped. . He looked to be in his mid-50s with dark brunette hair and bits of grey sprinkled throughout it. His voice was dry and semi-authoritative.

He walked behind me telling me which way to go than he opened another door with a thumb scanner. I thought sure those were only in movies. We walk into a warmer room with a wooden dining room table and wooden floor. There were glass windows on one side of the room right where the table was.

I was dressed in dark blue linen pants and a matching shirt

I was dressed in dark blue linen pants and a matching shirt. I guess someone decided the clothes I was wearing weren't up for debate. He pulled out my chair and I sat down after a moment of looking at him curiously.

"Can you at least tell me where I am, sir. Can I call Zac" I asked nicely in my opinion?

"No talking at the dinner table" he replied before walking off somewhere around the corner. Who is this guy, I wondered.