Risks ~ Deadpool

Hello! This is a little attempt at Deadpool~ It's really difficult to do his character justice, but I tried! I hope you enjoy 💕

Trigger warnings: Swearing, as it's Deadpool, and a brief reference to rape.

He did say this life came with risks.

Your life had been one hell of a whirlwind since meeting Deadpool. Even now, at a time like this, you can bring yourself to relive it...

Caught up in conversation with a Starbucks barista, you hadn't noticed the tall, quiet fellow standing in perpetual impatience behind you. The fellow you'd soon discover to be all but quiet. The mercenary that would change your life.

"I usually take my coffee with cream, but then I found out, whole milk actually-"

"Ahem!," he clears his throat at a unapologetic volume, "As riveting as this is, some people got places to go, sweetheart. So if you don't mind, just take your cup of Joe and get movin'."

His voice startles you, having consisted of a perfect blend of playful high spirits and chaotic seriousness. Tucking a few strands of hair behind your ear, you turn to him with shy eyes, your stature shrinking.

"Oh, s-sorry...," you fumble with your wallet, desperately searching for a five dollar bill. The longer this takes, it seems, the more panicked you become.

The man raises an eyebrow, his lips curling into a frown of displeasure. Something about your reaction to his request was off putting. He doesn't quite feel guilty, but in hindsight, resolves that he could have been a little gentler.

"Ughhh," his eyes roll to one side with exasperation. Then, too quickly for you to process, he yanks a five from his pocket and slams it on the counter. "Now get going, kid."

Astonished, your jaw drifts agape. "Oh, sir, I can't accept this-"

"Ah ah ah!," he shakes a finger inches from your nose, "None of this 'Sir' nonsense. Name's Wade. And you will accept this, because I'm not gonna be any later than I already am."

You hold your coffee close, it's warmth only barely comforting you as the situational awkwardness intensifies. "Uhm... I... H-How about an IOU?"

He huffs a chuckle and crosses his arms. "Oooh, sounds like someone's pining for digits. Either you're plotting to kill me, or you're looking for a good time. You don't seem like the murder-y type, so can I happily assume the latter?"

~~~

And that was it. The storybook start to your fucked up fairytale.

To spare the gloriously gruesome details, over the course of the past year, Wade Wilson had fallen head over heels for you. He tried not to, he really did, but something about that smile was irresistible. Something about that laugh intoxicated him. Something about being by your side sent hoards of butterflies to the sky within his stomach.

He was in love. And you, therefore, were in danger.

The only vulnerable thing about the Merc with the Mouth became you. His enemies knew it; if they managed to capture you, victory would be theirs for the taking. Unfortunately for them, Wade very rarely let you out of his sight. Even while apart, he'd be sure to keep eyes on you. He's not the kind of man to take chances.

However, not all of his eyes were as trustworthy as previously thought. Self-preservation, as he always says, is a bitch. And when given the choice between their life and yours, there was no room for loyalty...

Firing endless rounds of ammunition into Weasel, Wade spews venomous words at the wounds.

"HOW FUCKING  COULD YOU!," he yells, gritting his teeth and clenching his free fist.