Cuddles and Crowns ~ Loki

You sat upon what was possibly the most luxurious mattress you'd ever had the pleasure of coming into contact with in your entire life. For once, Loki hadn't lied. Everything in Asgard truly was ten times more elegant and sumptuous than that of the things back on Earth.

Why were you in Asgard? Well, for starters, you needed a vacation. Life was pounding you like a poor, innocent piece of meat under an unforgiving mallet lately, and an escape to the extravagant realm of Asgard was just what the doctor ordered.

But of course, that wasn't the only reason you were brought here.

Loki and Thor, your two very best friends, had been having quite a bit of trouble lately involving their father, their mother, each other, and the throne. Whenever you were around, things seemed to calm themselves down. You couldn't understand why, however.

Of all people, how was it that you could soothe the raging family issues of the Odinsons? You were no therapist, heck, you're not even that good of a listener. But still, you were brought over the bifrost to bring about a period of temporary peace.

"Hello Lady (Y/n)," Thor said happily as he entered the room holding a bowl of delicious looking popcorn, "I had these popping kernels made for you in the finest of the Asgardian kitchens. Metal Man told me it is customary when viewing films."

You chuckled slightly at his odd but adorable dialect as he set the bowl in front of you. The scrumptious aroma of freshly popped popcorn and just melted butter filled your nose, making you smile blissfully.

"Thank you, Thor," you said almost dreamily, enchanted by the masterpiece in front of you.

Your response made him chuckle, though his chuckles were actually hearty laughs that shook the area around its blonde-haired epicenter.

"Are you ready to watch the film? I am most excited to view this work that you designate as your favorite," he beamed, his innocent blue eyes sparkling merrily.

"Shouldn't we wait for-?"

"Trying to start the movie without me? How unlike you, brother," Loki's voice suddenly slithered into the room.

Thor shook his head disapprovingly at his brother, proving that they'd obviously been bickering before you'd arrived. You should've known you were being pulled onto a battlefield, as it was Heimdall who'd brought you saying only that your presence was necessary to avoid another war.

"No Loki, of course we weren't going to start it without you," you said in your most innocent and adorable voice, "Come on, I saved you a seat."

You gently patted the spot on the bed to the left of you, for Thor had already assumed the spot to your right. With a smile and a roll of the eyes, Loki disappeared then reappeared so close to you that his hair tickled the top of your head. One of his arms was snaked around your waist, while the other held the popcorn bowl that would have tipped out of your arms had he not caught it.

Having a moment of childish friend-jealously, Thor gently yanked you away from Loki and into his strong arms.

"My hugs are far better than Loki's, right Lady (Y/n)?," Thor asked, his voice proud, as if he had already known that your answer was going to be yes.

You simply giggled and sighed affectionately as you pulled out of his embrace.

"I love your hugs both the same. Must you two compete over everything?," you shook your head with a small smirk before laying down upon a luscious pillow with a silky golden case.

Loki stuck his tongue out at his brother, then lowered himself next to you. He tossed the popcorn bowl at Thor, who nearly dropped it as it collided with his chest. Luckily, he caught it with his forearms before it could tumble out of his grasp.

"Are you two not going to watch the movie?," Thor said with a kicked-puppy expression decorating his perfect features.

"We were going to, but it appears our dear (Y/n) is tired," Loki smirked down at you. You had had some rough days lately, and most of them ended in horribly sleepless nights. But of course, you had dropped everything and ignored your own problems in order to make everything right in the world of Loki and Thor.

Even though you were able to hide most of your distress though a happy visage, one problem was obviously beginning to shine through.

Exhaustion.

You barely noticed as your eyelids drooped. Simply laying on this cloud of a bed was enough to make you want to sleep for days.

"I'm not tired," you finally said upon hearing Loki's statement, "Just a little beat up is all." Being the brilliant god he is, Loki obviously knew you were exhausted. He also knew that something was amiss in the world of (Y/n), a fact that seemed to fly right over Thor's head.

"WHO HAS BEAT YOU UP LADY (Y/N)?! I WILL SURELY MAKE THEM REGRET THAT DECISION!," Thor yelled with a raging expression as he leapt up from the bed.

You simply chuckled sleepily and gestured for him to quiet down. Loki gently pulled you closer to him, turning you around so that you looked into his eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

You shook your head with a sad smile. "No. It's ok, Loki. Right now I think I just need a little sleep."

Thor's big blue eyes suddenly widened with worry as he plopped back into the bed beside you. 

"Lady (Y/n), is everything alri-"

"SHHHH!," Loki silenced his brother by holding a finger to his lips. He then used his finger to point down to you.

Tiny snores escaped your mouth as your breathing slowly steadied. Now, you were totally exhausted, but there was no way you could fall asleep that quick.

"She needed rest," Loki looked at your peaceful expression sympathetically.

"What did you do, brother?," Thor asked like a child as he gently pulled you closer to him.

"It doesn't matter," he sighed, "All that matters is that she's comfortable. Brother we pulled her into our world of problems, hardly taking the time to notice hers. I fear we haven't been such good friends lately."

Thor looked down at you now, heartbroken at the thought of your distress.

"Then let us make it up to her," he said softly as he wrapped his cuddly arms around your torso.

Loki smiled delicately and entangled one of his hands with yours, rubbing one of your fingers with his thumb.

"Sweet dreams, (Y/n)," he whispered just before he and Thor drifted off into a comfortable slumber with you snuggled in between them.