Laughing Gas? ~ Bruce

"But Bruce, I'm afraid of anything involving teeth!," you complained as your best friend practically dragged you towards his car.

Bruce, being a doctor, had noticed something strange about the way you were chewing a few days ago. He then took a look at it only to find that you had a huge cavity in one of your molars.

"Eating involves teeth, are you afraid of that?," he raised an eyebrow at you.

"No...," you grumbled, "But the dentist involves teeth and I don't want to go!"

"(Y/n), come on you sound like a child," he chuckled as he opened the car door for you, "I promise you, nothing is going to happen. If I think they're hurting you at all...well I'm actually not sure what I would do...if someone hurt...y-you...I would..."

He trails off a bit, his face contorting slightly as patches of green began appearing upon his skin.

"U-Uh Bruce! It's ok! It's ok! No one's hurting me, see? I'm fine," you say with panic in your voice, "Look I'm getting into the car, perfectly fine."

As you took your seat, a reassuring smile on your face, Bruce quickly returned to normal. Did the thought of you hurt almost make him Hulk out?

Well that's a strangely pleasant discovery.

Once he had recollected his emotions, he also climbed into the car.

"Any chance that this is all some kind of sick prank and we're actually going to a surprise party thrown by Tony?," you looked at him pleadingly.

"No (Y/n)," he chuckled again as he began driving, "We're going to the dentist to have your cavity filled. Maybe after that we can do something fun, though."

"Ice creeeaaaam?," you tried to sound like a five year old, gaining yet another chuckle from Bruce.

"I don't think you're allowed to eat after the procedure."

"Aww seriously?!"

"Yup. Just cold liquids I believe."

"Well that's just great," you buried your face in your hands.

He took one hand off the wheel and placed it on your shoulder.

"Hey it's ok. Don't worry, you only have to wait three hours or so, then you can eat again."

You groaned, firstly because of the food thing, and secondly because Bruce had just pulled into the parking lot of the dentist's office.

He stepped out of the car quickly, realizing that you were a few minutes late for your appointment. You followed him reluctantly, not caring if you got there on time or not.

"Come on, (Y/n)," he tugged your hand gently until he'd finally managed to get you inside.

"U-Uh, (Y/n) (L/n)," he said to the receptionist who's name tag indicated her to be Debra.

"Oh," she flipped through some papers a bit before widening her eyes, "Ah, (Y/n) (L/n). Right this way."

Debra got up from behind her desk and started leading you and Bruce toward a small office. It had the normal decor of a dentist's torture chamber all set up and waiting for its next victim.

"Take a seat right there, the doctor will be here momentarily," she didn't bother waiting for a response as she turned on her heel and exited the room.

Now at the threshold between the floor and that awful chair, your breaths quickened and your hands began to shake rapidly.

"B-B-Bruce can we just go home please," you muttered through your panic.