Who I Am ~ Bucky

To be frank, you are, and always have been, a monster.

A cold-blooded, bruised-knuckled, thick-skinned monster that could scare the daylights out of Frankenstein any day of the week.

Who made you this way, you ask?

Well, your past was a strange one. Your family was rather odd in its practices, but to say the very least, becoming an assassin was their most important tradition.

Some families attend reunions, others throw luxurious parties to celebrate their wonderful togetherness.

Yours, on the opposite end of the spectrum, was famous for their fun-filled killing sprees immediately followed up by the classic game of "Who Can Torch the Most Bodies Without Getting Caught".

At the age of six, you were wielding your first knife. On your ninth birthday, you held your first and favorite hand gun.

And when you could finally declare that you had had eleven lovely years of existence, you were given the sacred permission to personally end someone else's. A smile on your pretty face and rapidly drying blood dripping down your jacket sleeve, you blasted another iron bullet into his battered skull.

Watching the life fade from his eyes heightened your senses. His weak, brown orbs seemed to turn gray under your gaze, his world crumbled around him, his vision faded to a permanent black, and you felt on top of the world.

Seeing as your skills (and surprisingly brutal mindset) surpassed everyone's expectations, you could understand why your parents had elected to bargain you off. Though many bidders practically climbed over each other to have an asset like you, it was The Squid People who'd finally won your abilities.

At eleven, calling them "The Squid People" was an innocent, childish action. However, as you grew older you came to proudly identify as one of the many heads of HYDRA.

A mission here, a mission there. Kill him, kidnap her. The endless days seemed to meld together in a mess of blood and gunpowder.

But that, my friends, was all about to change.

Mission Objection: Infiltrate the 107th Infantry. Collect escaped project 01, Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes.

To your surprise, loosening some screws on a train car door came as a rather difficult task. What with security and safety measures being taken, you thought that this plan was surely destined for failure.

Four screws loosened and blast and a half later...

"Good job, (L/n)."

Good job, indeed.

Not many girls can loosen screws on a moving train car, cliff dive through snowy peaks, land on solid ice and frigid dirt without a single scratch, and drag a whimpering sergeant a full mile without a single complaint.

But I suppose that's what you were trained for.

After this mission, the mention of putting you into cryo had become the talk of the town. You were a lethal weapon, and a weapon they'd want to save for bigger and better things. Besides, they had The Winter Soldier in the works, and he could certainly carry out the easy stuff upon completion.

It only took two months to get you prepped.

"Asset (Y/n) (L/n) going into Cryo Cycle 1. December 17th, 1950. 13:22 pm."

And those were the last words you could remember.

Hello lovelies! 💖 So sorry that this came off a bit backstory-ish, but I wasn't sure about this idea and wanted to get your opinions! Should I continue this little storyline? 🤔😊

Also! Guess what Tuesday is? 😏 My last day of classes! That is right, after Tuesday I will be free for the summer! Free to frolic in the sunshine! Free to wake up in the afternoon! Free to write day and night for you wonderful people! Get ready for more frequent updates, my friends! And stay beautiful!