Loki's War ~ Steve ~ Part 2

You slowly blinked open your eyes.

The last thing you remembered was the frantic yet soothing sound of Cap's voice. Even now, as confused and frazzled as you were, the thought of him seemed to make you smile.

You sat up and observed your surroundings, a little taken back by the sight of a windowless room with metal walls.

What was this place?

You hung your legs over the side of the flattened bed you were on, then placed one foot on the floor. Suddenly, a shooting pain teared through the nerves of your leg.

You let out a squeak and pulled it back up, hoping that might stop the pain. It was then that you noticed there was a bandage wrapped around your thigh.

It was signed. "Love, The Avengers," was written in gold letters.

You stared at it for a second, trying to piece your thoughts together, but before you could, the door swung open.

Standing in the doorway was a short and rather nerdy-looking young man wearing a purple shirt and glasses. He smiled brightly when we saw you, then scurried off.

"Hey guys! She's awake!," he announced.

"Hey Steve, your girlfriend's awake," you heard a sly voice joke. Interesting.

"Tony! Shut up! She'll hear you!"

"That was the point."

You giggled and stared at the door, waiting anxiously to see who, exactly, had saved you.

"Could you both stop acting like children!," a feminine voice reprimanded.

"That's it! I'm going in," said the same slick sounding voice from before.

"No!," a bunch of others seemed to stop him in his tracks.

"Why don't we let the Captain go in. He was the one who had done the saving of the maiden."

Maiden? Really? Who on Earth talks like that?

It all went silent for a few moments before your door was carefully opened. You couldn't believe your eyes.

"Cap?," escaped your lips as the familiar man in red white and blue approached you.

"Hello ma'am," he waved nervously.

"W-Where am I?"

"Safe," he slowly sat on the edge of your bed with a smile that, even in this strange situation, made your heart leap, "How's that leg?"

You looked down at the signed cast and chuckled.

"It's fine. Thanks for the...um...note."

"It wasn't my idea," he laughed lightly.

"W-What happened? The last thing I remember was-"

"The battle? The gunshot?"

"You," you replied shyly, "You sitting in front of me telling me to stay awake..."

His cheeks quickly turned pink and a goofy smile slid across his handsome features.

"Well...um...w-well," he was flustered. How adorable. You smiled as he struggled for words.

"My name's (Y/n)," you said with a friendly smirk as you rested your hand on his in an attempt to calm him down.

He blushed even brighter at the physical contact, but did cease his nervous struggling.

"W-Well...welcome to the Helicarrier (Y/n)."

A/N: Part 3 anyone?