"Goodbye, Tony." ~ Tony

Requested by Sabrinademelo~

"But (Y/n)-!"

"Tooonny!," your words came out in a whine of annoyance, "I told you already, I have to go!"

"But why?!," Tony ran behind you as you began trudging down the spiraling stairs of Stark Tower, "Why can't you stay here?! Working at Stark Tower is great!"

You stopped in your tracks and turned to look at him, a serious expression on your face.

"I never said working at Stark Tower wasn't great. It's just that...this new job holds so many opportunities for me..."

Tony's expression changed as well. His eyes were wide and his lips were curled into a frown that could melt your soul. He looked like a little, kicked puppy.

"More opportunities than working for a bunch of superheroes? Wait. Wait. Scratch that. Enough opportunities to make you leave your FRIENDS who just happen to be a bunch of superheroes?"

"I'll keep in touch, Tony," you shrugged a bit, "And I'll come back to visit whenever I can."

With that, you began to venture down the stairs again, Tony following close behind.

"What if you don't, though? What if you find a bunch of different friends? BETTER friends?"

You stopped again, turning around with a smirk on your face.

"Tony Stark, I don't think I've ever heard you say something so insecure," you crossed your arms carefully, trying not to disturb the shoulder bag resting across your torso, "Or ridiculous for that matter! I love you guys with all my heart! I could never find better friends than you!"

Tony rolled his eyes in disbelief. However, shortly after he released a sad sigh.

"There's nothing I can say that's going to make you change your mind, is there?"

You let out a sigh as well, dropping all of your bags to the ground, then quickly wrapping your arms around Tony's upper body.

Tony quickly accepted the hug, squeezing you affectionately tight. He closed his eyes tightly, revering in the moment, and holding back tears as he remembered that he wouldn't be getting another moment like this for quite a while.

After what seemed like a blissful eternity, you pulled away gently.

"I...I have to get going, Tony. I'll miss my flight..."

Tony had that kicked puppy look on his face again as he sadly began helping you gather your bags. Once all of them were picked up and in your arms, he continued his melancholy expedition of escorting you to the exit.

As you finally reached the threshold between the Tower's safe and familiar walls and the unknown life before you, you turned to look at Tony one last time.

"I'll never forget you, ok? And don't you dare forget me," you forced out a small chuckle.

"Never, (Y/n). Never, ever," Tony leaned closer a bit as he brushed some (h/c) hair out of your face. It seemed like he had something to tell you. Something important. Something that...maybe...could change your mind.

However, it seemed that just before he could open his mouth to speak, the taxi you had called arrived.

You backed up a bit, regretfully of course.

"I have to go...," you tried desperately to conceal your now quivering lip, "Goodbye, Tony."

With that, you rushed away towards the cab, who's driver was now beeping furiously.

Tony lifted his hand weakly, to offer you a sad, last goodbye.

"Goodbye (Y/n)....I'll miss you...," he whispered as he watched the taxi disappear amongst the others crowding along the city street. As he watched the one thing he'd ever truly cared about...disappear forever.

He slowly closed his door and turned away from it, trying to keep himself together.

"JARVIS...," he called out.

"Yes, sir," the robotic system replied.

"Get the booze ready. It's gonna be a long night...."