Kidnapped? ~ Part 2 ~ Bucky

Your eyes fluttered open as your drowsy senses suddenly awoke. You gently moved your arms around a bit, feeling the unexpected sensation of the cool sheets of a bed.

First thought. Somebody had seen you faint, freaked out, and brought you to a hospital. It had happened before, so it was certainly possible that it could happen again.

However, you soon noticed that the sheets of the bed you were laying upon were a chocolately brown color, matching the hue of the walls around you. Also, the gentle yet pungent scent of a basement lingered in the air. Needless to say, it was very different from the intoxicatingly clean air of a hospital room that you had expected.

Second thought....you didn't have one.

You were confused and frankly, still too sleepy to try and put together more theories. Luckily, you wouldn't have to.

"You're awake," a quiet, shy sounding voice mumbled beside you, "I've been watching over you...for a while. You've been out for about two hours. Are you ok?"

You carefully turned your head in the direction of the voice, and your eyes widened at the man now before them.

"You?," you nearly stuttered, "The g-guy from the coffee shop?"

He nodded sheepishly, seeming a bit afraid to see your reaction. As you opened your mouth to speak again, he interrupted your sentence.

"I didn't kidnap you."

The tone in his voice suggested that he was used to being accused of that.

"What h-happened then?," you said, sounding fearful, baffled, and eager to get an explanation for the circumstances.

Bucky gulped loudly. "You f-fainted....and I...well...I c-couldn't just leave you there..."

The genuine concern in his voice was comforting. He seemed so...concerned. So...sincere. Something about it made him appear trustworthy. No one to be afraid of, for sure.

To show him that you were a little less freaked out, you let out a small chuckle.

"I uh...I do that a lot," you said with a tiny smile, "Mostly just when I'm really scared."

For a moment, he seemed a little hurt. It was like your words had wounded him on some personal level. You widened your eyes a bit, trying to understand his emotions which were clearly bubbling below the surface.

"Scared?," his voice nearly cracked as he glanced down at his arm, which was covered by the sleeve of a large blue sweatshirt.

"Yeah," you furrowed your eyebrows a bit with confusion, "I have a rather irrational fear of thunder....there was a thunderstorm...so I-"

Before you could finish, another loud bang of thunder practically shook the ground, and every one of your nerves. You quickly shrunk into a ball and hid your face in your knees, which were now pressed to your chest.

Bucky examined you curiously, not sure of what to do.

"Uh...M-Miss?"

You lifted your head a bit, trying desperately to contain your subtle shaking.

Bucky looked down at you with wide eyes. He looked like a child trying to understand something really complex. If you had known any better, you would've known that emotions were actually a pretty complex thing to him.

Despite his confusion, Bucky did want to comfort you. So, he awkwardly placed his human hand upon your back and began gently rubbing it.

"I-It's ok, Miss. I'll protect you," his words came out in a very unnatural way. It was like he'd never said anything like that before in his life. However, they were still very genuine, and that gesture alone became all the comfort you needed.

You lifted your eyes to meet his...the same icy-blue eyes that had amazed you at the cafe now looked deeper....warmer.

"Th-Thank you," you began sitting up as you recollected yourself. Bucky left his hand on your back, not exactly sure what to do.

You looked at him, another shy smile slowly sliding across your lips. The look on his face was nothing shy of adorable, and his awkwardly confused behavior was actually quite amusing.

"So uh...I guess I'll just have to stay here until the storm stops, huh?," you muttered with a tiny sigh.

He smirked a bit, your words obviously making him happy.

"I guess so..."

For a few moments, you just stared at each other. Both of your thoughts was an enigma to the other, and though it was slightly frustrating, it helped to form some sort of connection between the two of you.  

When the silence seemed to become a bit too heavy, Bucky decided to break it.

"Are you, by any chance....hungry? It is almost dinner t-time now and I....I'm a little hungry...."

Your smile grew at the thought of some food, and your stomach instinctively grumbled as if on cue.

"I'll take that as a yes," he chuckled. With that, he quickly stood up and began making his way toward the kitchen.

That's when another, rather significant, detail you were missing from this guy hit you.

"Wait! Uh...I'm (Y/n) by the way...what's your name?"

He stopped in his tracks and slowly looked at you from over his shoulder. His eyes were sad and lost. Their warm essence had faded away, and now they just looked....empty.

"I...I don't...I don't know," he spoke quietly and carefully, and without another word, he rushed into the refuge of the kitchen.