Chapter 17

I was released to go home. Danielle was in love with Jaden.
"Mommy!" Screamed Danielle when she saw me. She wrapped her tiny arms around my leg.
"Hi Dani, I've missed you so much." Ezra has Jaden in his hands
"Look who's home." He was talking to Jaden. For a second it seemed like she smiled. He handed her to me. How could something so evil be so precious?

"I think someone's birthday is coming up." I said smiling, looking at Danielle. It was also Jades 3 year anniversary.
"What do you want to do for your birthday?" I asked Danielle.
"Can we go see aunt Jade?" I looked at Ezra, he smiled.
"Of course we can sweetie, she was there when you were born." I showed her the picture. Danielle looked at it, and took it.
"Where's her hair mommy?" I looked at Ezra trying to figure out what to say to her.
"How about you and Jaden watch a movie or play?" Said Ezra. He took them into the play room.

"Thank you for telling her about Jade,"
"No problem."
"Why don't you and I go for dinner tonight, and I'll have my mom watch the kids." He said.
"Alright. Sounds like a plan." I said smiling. He grabbed my hand and walked towards the play room.

"Who wants to go to Grammys?"
"I do!" Screamed Danielle.
"Let's go pack your bags." Ezra was so good with Danielle and Jaden.

There was a knock at the door. Ezra was upstairs, which made me the one to answer. I started having a panic attack. Last time I answered the door, my life was ruined.
"Ezra!" I yelled. He started running downstairs. I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe, it felt like the walls were closing in on me.
"What's wrong?"
"Someone's at the door." He went and answered the door.
"Where's my pudding at?"
"Hi mom, Danielle's upstairs and Bay has Jaden." She came in and stared.
"You're finally home, I couldn't imagine what you've been through." Ezra's mom was an angel but I didn't want her to continue on about what happened.
"Mom," he shot her a glare
"What? I'm being serious."
"It's fine Ezra, no one knows what I've been through." She looked at me annoyed.
"You didn't spend all those nights in the dark, you weren't beat everyday, you didn't have someone force themselves onto you, you didn't spend sleepless nights worrying about your family or if you were going to make it out alive. You weren't starved. YOU. WEREN'T. THERE. You will never understand what I've been through! Get out of my face about it and stay out if my business!"

"Danielle, common sweetie you don't want to keep Grammy waiting." I was irritated. Danielle came down with a mixture of clothes on. She was wearing a green skirt with a yellow top, knee high striped socks, and sandals. We busted out laughing.
"I'm ready Grammy." She said with a giant smile. She looked like Ezra when she smiled. They walked to the door holding hands, opened the door and walked out.