Epilogue

Unknown
11:58 p.m.

Hayden got lost in the shadows of hell, his back against the walls. He could hear chanting in the demonic language that he was taught. He let out a breath, guilt tearing through him as he remembered his hand in death. The chanting grew louder and louder, asking for his answer. Death yelled and yelled, telling him to stop, to not do it.

Hayden loosed a breath as he readied himself. He gave his answer in the demonic language, a high pitch noise came from inside his head. Starting from in his head, an coil of ice spread slowly through his body. He gasped, coming to an automatic stop, the ice cold and burning it's way through his body.

He crept through the darkening hallway, his heart still as the ice reached his chest. Death presses down on him, screaming at him to stop, to not finish this and to turn back.

Haydne lost what he most cared about, most wanted. All this time, he had wanted him. The ice crawling in his body tore that option away as much as Death did. Hayden made the choice to say yes. This thing drained everything within, his emotion and physical being. It took everything.

Everything that made him human.

He wasn't just an inhuman force anymore.

He had become Death.

He heard a single scream as the spirit of Death ripped away from Harold and sunk into Hayden fully.

The boy slowly came to a walk then stopped. His heart slowed to a stop as the ice caressed it. His breathing came to a stop and he closed his eyes as the transition completed.

When his eyes opened, a few minutes later, one eyes was ruby red, dark as blood. The other, was the bright blue he was born with.