Chapter Eleven

London, England
8:47 p.m.

Tyler Adams watched Hayden from a far. His heart pounded as he sent a smirk towards Addison. She gave him a little wink as she noticed Tyler watching them. Tyler snorted and turned back towards the library, wondering why he followed Hayden in the first place.

Just think of your dirty little secrets coming out to play. The ones of that night.

Tyler looked over his shoulder, on his way out. He saw the look pass between Hayden and a tall boy next to two other boys and a girl. Tyler stopped dead, his heart dropping as he recognized the male by the auburn haired girl. Enzo.

Really? Nothing? Not even with Enzo?

Tyler jogged toward Hayden, his breathing coming out in pants. Hayden's was making his way toward the auburn haired female and Enzo. He grabbed Hayden's forearm and pulled him to a stop. They faced each other, emotions flaring in those bright blue eyes. Tyler gulped, his entire body burning. Disgust weaved through him as Hayden's words jabbed him in the stomach.

"What are you doing? What the hell is going on?" The words tumbled out, confusion etched into his face. Hayden looked away, towards the table with the four teens. The tall one, Jonathon, stared at them with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing that concerns you, Tyler." Hayden replied, his voice nonchalant. Tyler almost cringed by the mere dismissiveness from his voice.

"Why did you verbally attack Eden?" Tyler insisted. Hayden narrowed his eyes at him, impatience jarring him.

"What do you mean verbally attacked?" He asked, his voice heavy with anger.

Tyler rolled his grey eyes. "Coming after her like that, I mean."

Hayden clenched his jaw as Tyler watched fascinated by the muscle. He shook his head to clear the thoughts before Hayden tugged him out of the cafeteria. Hayden dragged him to the nearest closest before shoving Tyler in. He looked the door before turning to Tyler. Tyler shook with fear, but also another emotion, an emotion he shoved into the back of his mind.

"What I do, is none of your business,  Tyler." Hayden growled, his eyes blazing.

Tyler gave a snort and crossed his arms over his chest, to keep his heart pounding a secret. Hayden glared before stalking toward him, as if Tyler was prey. Hayden trapped him against the wall, his front pressed against Tyler. Tyler gave a little gasp, as shocks sparked into his body.

Tyler watched as Hayden leaned in, his lips brushing Tyler's, his hands on his sides. "Never question my motives. You have no idea the secrets the people keep in this school." Tyler jerked as Haydne brushed a thumb against his side, in a slow circle.

Tyler snapped to attention as Hayden stepped away, a smirk taking over his features, but panic flared in his eyes.  Tyler took a steading breath, before looking away, his cheeks warming.

The door opened and clicked shut. When he looked back up, Hayden was gone, leaving him alone in the closet. Tyler let out a breath and slid down the wall, hugging his knees to his chest.

Hayden, what are you doing? Tyler questioned himself.

Tyler was unaware of the viscous eyes staring at him through total darkness of the closet. His eyes burned bright red, anger churning the fires within. He bared his teeth at the teenager in the closet, the one who might ruin everything if he steers Hayden in the wrong direction. He closed his eyes and disappeared, sailing through the wind until he got to where he needed to be. A young man leaned against a wall, in his hand dangled a clear wine glass. The darkness of the building made Death form into his natural form. The young man turned his head, a cruel smile upon his lips. The building was an old church and where him and this young man met was in another dimension of total darkness.

"Death, it's been a long time." The young man cooed. Death just gave a shrug before sitting on a bench in front of his companion, crossing his leg over his other. Death stared at the young boy, frowning.

"You are a cursed boy. I dont have much time for that." Death mused, looking bored.

The young man growled, his smile gone. "Always with your accusations of being cursed." The man gave a naughty smirk. "I've had such a wonderful life, Death." His face darkened. "Until recently."

"Ah, yes. Mr. Foster has been giving you troubles."

The young man snarled and stepped away from the wall. The moonlight spilled from a broken window above the crypt. The silver splash caused the young man's face to seem regal. The young man snarled down at Death, his grey-green eyes became black eyes of coal.

Death stood up, his blood red eyes staring into the dead black coals of his nemesis in front of him. "Young sir," he purred, a little darkness slithered into his tone. "remember who you are. I am stronger than you because I am in my true form and you are using just a body."

The young man snorted, his handsome face twisting. "I inherited this form two years ago, trying to figure out why this man's soul is more dark and twisted than my own." His blue green eyes sparked and glittered. "It all comes back to that boy Foster."

Death snickered, his eyes bled to black as anger racked him. "You leave that boy out of this, comrade."

The young man grinned, his teeth looked sharp as needles. "If he gets in my way, I can't stop."

"Mr. Foster has plans of his own and especially with the body you inherited. It won't be on me when your mission fails."

The young man glared, the smile draining. "Who is he, Death?" His blue green eyes widen, his complexion paled. "He isn't yours, right?"

Death relaxes, letting his young, handsome face bathe in the moonlight, the red eyes staring at the vivid young fella that gaped at him in astonishment.

"Well, I cant deny that or acknowledge it." Death replied, a sly grin taking upon his lips.