E i g h t e e n : Fruit punch conversations

c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n

s t o r y s t a t u s / o n g o i n g

S o n g / Get you the moon :
Kina (ft snøw) 🌔💫

* * *

       I pulled away as rapidly as I could but I remembered yet again at my incapabilities. Cameron was aware of our group of friends who merged into the spring but held firm onto my hips as my arms tight frantically at his neck, I believed so was cutting circulation and oxygen from him at my vicious grip.

      "Well, you guys look like you're having fun," Stephanie mumbled with a glint of something in her eyes as she removed her goggles.

      Cameron quickly pulled me over to the shore which I stood from and nervously covered myself in a fluffy towel.

      He rolled his eyes at Steph. "I was just showing her how to swim."

      Asters face was consumed with amazement but part vexation. "I didn't know you had to be that close to show someone how to swim," She went on crossing hands over her chest.

      I tried to hide my face as I dried the drops of water from my skin but also covered it, I didn't feel comfortable wearing a bikini in front of Aster and those three other guys. My cheeks were flaming red.

      "Ms. Perfect isn't so pure after all," Allen commented with a smirk on his lips.

      I wanted to punch his idiot face. I never said I was perfect, I was far from it actually.

    "Oh shut up Allen," Wyatt's lips perched.

     Right now I just wanted to avoid the situation, I walked over to where I had stationed myself before everyone went diving and proceeded to act like nothing was wrong, like nothing between Cameron and I had happened because nothing did...I heard rustling next to me, to my surprise, it was a quite uncomfortable Aster with narrowed green eyes.

      "What?" I shrugged.

      A scoff left her wet lips. "What was all that about."

     "He was showing me how to swim that's all."

     "First off I didn't know you couldn't swim and second you look a little too comfortable with him, can you care to explain to me what's going on between you too," She deadpanned, going hands on hip.

      I tried my best to avoid her burning glare. "We are friends, we hang out from time to time that's all."

     "And why haven't you told me this?" She asked in a whisper yell, trying her best to avoid getting others attention.

     I really didn't know why I never told her about it, was it because I was embarrassed to? Was it the fact that she paid him to go out with me in the first place that has me nervous to tell her? Or was it because of something else?

     "I'm sorry, I was just embarrassed I guess."

     She chuckled dryly at me. "Lanny there's nothing wrong about you hanging out with him."

       I fumbled with my already raisin wet fingers. I hadn't realized I was in the spring for that long.

        I sighed profusely. "Are we good?"

     "Yes, but please tell me next time something new occurs in your life we are best friends for a reason."

     I thought deeply at her words, she wasn't around much anymore to catch up with my 'social life', and she didn't even act like a best friend anymore, we didn't have much in common like before, realizing that was a slap to the face. I didn't want to keep growing apart from her.