E l e v e n : Pancake's at 4pm

c h a p t e r e l e v e n

s t o r y s t a t u s / o n g o i n g

s o n g / Nervous : Shawn Mendes

* * *

       So I had finally come to the conclusion to why I was having various of mood swings last night. This morning I woke up with my pants lathered in womanhood liquid, which awfully had me arriving  to school late and also made me want to curse out any and every human being who tried me. And that's also including the agonizing pain I was in. It's like every single month that went by and my womanly reminder would shows up the pain gets worse!
Being a female was so hard compared to being a guy, they didn't have to get periods or give birth. I was so envious!

        Now it was four thirty during my lunch break at Abbie's Diner and I was trying so hard to avoid the sleep that was trying to get a hold of me. I had to finish the essay, and I still didn't know what I was going to write about because I didn't want to rewrite what I already wrote, I know I'm complicated.I thought back at it and believed it was cliche and stupid, not enough effort put into. So now I was suffering the consequences of doing my brothers project which I finished at two in the morning. I tried my best to blink the sleep from my eyes but it was so difficult, my lids felt so heavy.

       "Lanny, are you okay?" A voice inquired, raising me up from the dead.

     I squinted my eyes harshly seeing the foggy figure clear in my vision. It was Cameron staring at me with his head tilted to a side.

    I heavily sighed laying my head against the cold window next to me. "Yes I'm fine,"

     He chuckled crossing his arms in front of me. "You don't look so hot."

     I scoffed at his comment. "Well gee thanks, I didn't know I was trying to look all pretty to be 'Miss America'," When I was on my period you could say I was a bit sarcastic.

    He rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean, now why do you look like a zombie who's recovering from a hangover?"

      I dropped my head on the desk. "I was helping out my brother with his science project," I murmured into the book I had just slobbered on.

     Cameron laid his head back on the booth making himself comfortable as he shrugged into the cushions. "I see."

     "We all know you can," I spat out rubbing my eyes from the sleep.

    "Okay Ms. Sassy pants, I just came here to see if you needed help with anything, but I guess I'll pass," He went to stand up but I pulled him down on the seat as his words made me regain mental mobility.

     "No, no I need help, sorry," I gave him a forced smile which made a smug smirk grow on his lips.

      "I guess, my schedule is free right now."

   "Awesome,now please help me come up with a topic to write about," I urged as I gave him pouty lips which he squinted his eyes at .

   "Can you write about anything?"

    "Yes but only restriction is that it has to be first person's point of view," I informed and stretched out my cramped limbs.

     "Why don't you just write about a moment in your life," He insisted with simplicity in his tone.

     I narrowed my eyes at him. "There are so many moments in everyone's lives, you know that right?"

      He seemed tired of me already, I would blame my PMS. "What about the most important day of your life, a day where everything felt possible. Where you felt like you had the power to do whatever you once thought you couldn't before," His face showed seriousness as he said those soulful words.

     It honestly didn't seem like a bad idea. I could work with that, I had a couple of those experiences in my life. I smiled at him. "Thanks I guess that sounds like a good idea," I chipper.

        Confidence gleamed in his eyes. "I'm a genius."

     I shook my head at him as he said those words. Cameron was a flirt and had an overly confident persona, though we all knew he was a mess.

      I suddenly heard a familiar voice behind Cameron. Just by seeing his gelled back hair and sensing that midnight cool cologne I knew it was Sebastian. I doze off into his chocolate pools, as I had a slow motion cinematic of him in my head as lights shined down on him and only him. I could feel myself drooling again.

        "Hello, planet Earth to Goldie Locks"

        Cameron's face blocked my vision causing me to snap out of the trance I was in and sink into the chair because he was extremely close to my face, his nose was barely touching mine.

        "I'm okay, but you do know there's such thing as personal space right?" I said taking a sip from my Dr.Pepper.

        He cocked his brows. "What's the fun in that, I mean I feel like it's appropriate to connect with someone spiritually if I can feel their heat radiating off to mine"

     His words were nonsense. "And from what cliche hipster novel did you get that from," I snickered.

       His smirk dropped. "None...," He cleared his throat.

       "Now what were you staring at?" His eyes were smothered with curiosity.

        I glanced back at Sebastian but it was foolish of me to do so because Cameron followed my eyes until they fell upon 'him'.

     His mouth formed an "O". "Don't tell me your in love with Sebastian Lee a jock," He motioned with his eyes over to him and then giving me a surprised look.

       "I'm not!" I interjected.

     "Okay sure, so it isn't a coincidence that you stare at him like a freakish stalker most of the time,"

      My cheeks redden at his words. "It's whatever, him and Aster are together remember?" I said rubbing at the temples of my head. Again menstruation came with so many things, migraines, craps, and of course mood swings plus the weird sensation of finding people sexy. Cameron was starting to look kinda cute to me. Ugh why was I so revolting!

     He ran his hands through his jet black hair. "But isn't Aster chea-," I kicked him under the table. Wasn't he smart enough to realize that Sebastian was behind him.?I guess that alcohol was getting to the fragments of his brain.

     He groaned. "What?"

    I shoved his foot again. "Are you stupid? He can hear you!" I whisper yelled.

      His eyes were apologetic. "My bad, sorry," He said shyly.

     "Here are your pancakes hope you enjoy!," Abbie's voice was enthusiastic as she pinched Cameron on the cheek.

     His face flushed. "Thanks."

      I snickered at him, he always got babied by Abbie. He tried avoiding me and poured a vast amount of syrup on the fluffy pancakes.

      My eyes narrowed realizing something , so he was the one who kept making a mess with that sticky substance because it was all over his fingers and table.

     I signed. "Who even eats pancakes at this time of day?"

     He glanced up from the sugary delight, smirk growing on his already syrup covered lips . "I do."