F i v e : "A Friend Date...thing."

c h a p t e r   f i v e

s t o r y   s t a t u s / o n g o i n g

s o n g / L a n y : T h i c k   a n d   T h i n

* * *

           It was Monday again which was bothersome to me but at least I didn't have school but that meant I had an 6 hour shift so Lanny has to get with the system.I had been saving up for a while to buy a telescope. I was so intrigued by the wonders of the world . Especially the billons of stars in our solar system. It's just so fascinating. I remembered back when I first got interested at the shining wonders. I was seven years old at the time , my family and I had gone on a camping drip. It felt like yesterday that Dad was pointing at the marvelous beauty blanketing the sky. That was the first time I had ever seen so many stars in all my years of living . You could say that was the best day of my life.

            "Earth to Lane." Abbie waved her hand in front of my vision snapping me back to the reality of today.

        "Sorry, I was just thinking." My cheeks turned red.

         Her forehead folded into stairs as her ocean blue eyes board into mine. " Did you get enough sleep last night?" She questioned as she help my face in her palms showing her concern.

        I guess I wasn't good at hiding how sleep deprived I was. Last night all Aster and I did was watch reruns of our favorite late 90s and early 2000s movies like, "How to lose a guy in ten days." , "13 going on 30", "10 things I hate about you." Etc. Aster was a night owl so it was difficult to got her out the house . She ended up leaving at 3am, when she has just started to get sleepy.

          "No, it was a girls night." I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as much as I possibly could.

       She chuckled lightly at me. "Well get back to work, we have a couple of new costumers waiting to have their order taken." She addressed, pointing over at one of the booths.Abbie was right plus she was my boss, as sweet as she was I still wasn't risking getting fired. 

         "Yes Ma'am," I said adjusting my apron and getting my note pad and pen ready. The challenge though was the casual way I was going to attempt to reach the table. Monday's and Friday's meant it was roller skate serving. Acknowledging the fact that I was clumsy in general and didn't know how to maneuver in skates I still had agreed to the idea of me doing it.

      I regained my composure as I rolled over to the table full of lacrosse athletes from my school . Well this was great. I hated seeing people from my school that I knew but didn't talk to often out in public, it was extremely awkward.

       I cleared my throat. "Welcome to Abbie's Diner May I take your order?"

       I recognized Johnny and Allen who looked at me with smug smirks while the other who was on their phone soon raised their gaze. My stomach tightened, it was Sebastian. I had quite the luck with bumping into him a couple of times this past week which was unusual because I barley did, and If I did see him in public I'll ignore conversing. His brown hair was sleeked back, Sebastian always looked like he'd come out of the shower. He was wearing a blue polo shirt with the sleeves rolled to the elbows. Why did he always look so nice?

         Idiot Johnny snapped me out of my day dream with his stupid words. "Yes you may but can you do me a favor and serve with just a towel." He laughed right after speaking in a disgustingly flirtatious way that had me gagging.