E i g h t : Insomniac

c h a p t e r e i g h t

s t o r y   s t a t u s / O n g o i n g

s o n g /Sunflower 🌻 : Rex Orange County

* * *

It had been a whole week since I saw Aster and Allen cheating on Sebastian, ever since then my nerves wouldn't and couldn't settle. I knew this was none of my business but I felt guilty because I was doing absolutely nothing about it. I had the power to talk to Aster or Sebastian.Throughout this week I was also trying to act as normal as possible around them.

I prayed I wasn't that bad at acting, because earlier today Aster had texted me saying she had to pass by for something. And was that starting to send my nerves and thought to ricochet off the roof. Did she know that I was there that night at the rollerblading place?

I was even more nervous because she would never text me telling me she's stopping by my house for something. That sounds nothing like her. She either shows up randomly and if she does tell me she's coming she'll say why. I paced back and forth in my room while I fumbled with my phone in my fingers. I kept reevaluating and analyzing every single word and letter she wrote me, seeing if she in anyway hinted to being off.

You could call me crazy but I was sure I wasn't paranoid, I felt in my gut something was wrong. I tied my hair up into a bun as I began to feel sweat settle in my armpits and neck. There was a sound at the door seconds later sending my heart beat racing faster than ever. Rushing down the stairs I try my best to calm my cool and open the door how I normally do every time I see Aster.

I cautiously pried the door open. "Hey, Aster what's up!" I said a little too enthusiastically for my liking causing me to cringe inwardly.

Her face was serious causing my stomach to turn. "Well you're happy to see me," She acknowledged walking past me with furrowed brows.

      "When am I not?" I laughed nervously, closing the door behind me.

        She walked around the house keeping her eyes peeled as if she were looking for something in a possible crime scene.

      "Aster, what's wrong?"

         She paced over to the living room checking between the pillows of the sofa. Maybe she had left something the night we watched T.V together....but if she would've lost something I always found it and would tell her about it. I was right something was completely off.

           She groaned in frustration.

       I stared up at her catching her gaze. "Maybe if you told me what you lost I could help you find it."

        Her eyes revealed disbelieve as she rolled them. What did I do?

     "Actually, that's a great idea only if I actually did lose something." She said sarcastically with a snarl taking me aback.

       "I'm confused," I scratched my head as my forehead folded into stairs.

     "Like you don't know," She ran to my room, aggressively pushing the door open. What the hell was going on with her? Oh god, so she did know I was there last Wednesday. Oh no no no.I wasn't ready to confront her. The breaths I took in increased as well as my pulse in fear.

         "Look, I'm sorry I saw you at the skating rink with Allen and didn't tell you about it. I promise I didn't tell anyone about I-" I couldn't finish what I had said because when I walked in my room I saw Aster's focus on Sebastian sweater...the sweater from the day I was almost butt naked in front of everyone at school.