T w e n t y - O n e : Pillow Fort

c h a p t e r / t w e n t y - o n e

s t o r y s t a t u s / o n g o i n g

s o n g / without you : oh wonder 🙅🏻‍♀️👆🏼

* * *

       "Are you going to tell me about what happened back there," I asked in a small voice due to Cameron's appearance, his jaw was clenched shut and his eyes were ice. I didn't know him well enough to be knowledgeable about his mood swings. I didn't know if he would take it out on me or not.

     "Nothing happened, " He muttered lowly with a hesitant voice causing me to frown.

     It looked like he didn't want to talk about so I just presumed to stay quiet. But that didn't help either because seconds later he was banging his quivering fists against the steering wheel. His breath was harsh as he groaned and screamed at every continuous punch causing me to flinch.

     I knew he wasn't okay, he was furious and sad, I would've been too after what happened at his parent's house. No one should deserve to feel this way especially Cameron, who took time from his day to make others feel happy.

     I hesitated but trailed a set of fingers to his chin, motioning his face to meet mine. "Cameron everything's going to be okay, look at me," My voice was calm as I comforted his tearing eyes with mine.

     I had never seen him cry either, whatever happened must have been serious and heartbreaking.

      "Breath," I ordered.

    His body still rattled but he did as I requested and took in a profound breath. It was terrible seeing him like this, I couldn't bear it. I leaned over and wrapped my arms around his torso, the scent of his cool mint cologne engulfing me whole. I held tight, I held onto him with all my might will. Everyone hated feeling alone and I wasn't going to let that happen. His body froze, standing still under me.

   Wasn't I supposed to hug him in a moment like this?

   Was I making a fool out of myself?

I was pathetic.

      I pulled away in embarrassment but his hands restricted around my wrist as he pulled them around his torso once again. Cameron's hands tightly wrapped around my back, his chin propping on my head which took my breath away. This was the first time he and I had ever hugged, it felt good. I believe I needed that hug more than he did.

      "Thank you, Goldie," He whispered into my hair as his chest vibrated against mine.

      I bit my bottom lip smiling to myself."No problem, I'm here for you and I hope you know that."

     We stayed quiet and holding each other for a few more seconds which I took into consideration to remember his smell, touch, and the way he made me feel. Dragons swarmed in my stomach, and thoughts about him and only him flooded my mind. I just saw happiness, nothing else. And his smell, oh God I wanted to wake up to this bliss every morning. I pulled away knowing that if I stayed under his withhold for any longer I wasn't going to want to leave it anytime soon.

       "I don't want to keep you waiting, I'll see you later, " He sniffled away the tears and cleared his throat.

       My hand was already on the door handle but something was telling me to stay with him.

      "No, you're not keeping me from anything, do you wanna come inside?" I asked in an optimistic voice. I wanted to make him feel at ease with me like he could trust me at his weak moments again. My biggest fear was loneliness and I didn't wish that upon anyone especially him.