Chapter 23 : Confession

[ Kevin’s POV ]

After the Valentine’s Event

“Lauren, are you free tonight?”

“Yep, no date… Because of you…” she mumbled.

“So, can I take you on a rendez-vous?” I scratched my head.

“Sure, but I’m not ready…”

“It’s okay, I’ll pick you up later. It’s only 4 now.”

“Okay, see you!”

At 7 PM

“Oh you look gorgeous.”

“Thanks.” She said shyly.

She was wearing a dark blue high-low dress. She looked stunning in it, even more than at our first date.

After eating the main course

 “I’m so full, I don’t know which dessert I’m going to pick.” Lauren said hesitantly.

“Don’t worry, I’ve already choose it for you.”

Wow, my hands were sweating so much. I’ve ordered a heart-shaped berries tiramisu on which was written “Will you be my Valentine?” with chocolate sauce. I know this is really cheesy, I’ve never done that before. At least, I can make things clear and cheesiness always works on girls. 

Only one neol jikyeojul~~~ Only one neol akkyeojul~~~

“Excuse me.” her phone rang and she picked it up.

“Sorry, it’s an emergency. I have to leave.”

“Can’t you stay for the dessert, I think it’s almost ready.” She didn’t hear me and left.

[ AJ’s POV ]

At the hospital

“Hey, is she okay?”

“Why are you wearing these clothes?”

She looked very pretty but it wasn’t the right time to make her a compliment.

“I was having dinner with Kevin.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

“No big deal, it was just a dinner…”

“My mom wants to give you something before getting the operation, so I called…”

“Come here my daughter-in-law.”

Lauren looked around hoping to find someone.

“You, stupid!”

“Yeah?”

“This is a family ring, I want you to keep it in case I die.”

“No, you’ll be alright.” she said with tears in her eyes.

“Just take it, my mom wouldn’t take the operation if you don’t want to keep it.” I whispered and she nodded.

The door opened and we saw the surgeon with his assistant.

“Lauren?” Kevin asked confusedly.

“Kevin?” I wasn’t sure if it was him, he was wearing a surgical mask.

“Jaeseop?”

I knew that things were getting worst and we had to leave quickly before Kevin and Lauren start to argue.

“Don’t worry mom, you’ll be fine. We will wait for you.” I kissed her on the forehead and walked away with Lauren hand in hand.

We talked for a while and she tried to comfort me before falling asleep.

“Mr and Mrs Kim, the operation has been successful. Your mother has been moved to room 501. Come back to see her tomorrow.”

“It’s only Mr Kim…” Kevin whispered.

“Thank you doctor. Thanks Kevin.” I shook their hand.

Preview: Target.

PS: Almost the end… :( I will keep my promise to finished the story so promise me to read it, okay? ^^