Chapter 22 : Taste of happiness

[ Eli’s POV ]

13th of February

{ At Bonjour }

“Alright, who wants to take part in the Valentine’s Event?” Kevin asked everyone with a pen in his hand.

“I’m too old for that, I already did it the past years. It wasn’t fun at all.” Kiseop answered with a neutral tone.

“I’m in!”

“If Eli participates, I’m going to do the same!” Emy exclaimed.

“Okay, I’m in too!” Lauren raised her hand.

“NO! You’re not playing this game!” Kevin refused to add her on the list.

“He’s right because you’re already mine, my little Wonka.” Jaeseop smirked which annoyed Kevin.

“It sounds fun! I want to participate too!” Soohyun shouted.

“First, why are you here? Second, you don’t work here! And you’re not single!” Kevin replied angrily.

This kid is so easy to upset…

“Hoon, are you in?”

“For what?” he answered with a half-awake face.

“Okay, I take it for a yes…”

The day after

Today, the shop is full as every year on the Valentine’s Day. Every client will have a secret number. At 3 PM, there will be a drawing lots aiming at matching the couples. For the first time, I wanted to end up alone and I wish that Emy wouldn’t find her other “other half”. Because I’m already here!

Besides, the winners will get our personal phone number and a piece of cake. So I started to bake them as soon as possible. The girl who gets Hoon’s secret number will receive a Black Forest and for me, the girl will have a green tea roll cake. The boy who gets Emy’s number will have a strawberry cheesecake.

“Eli can you help me to carry the bags of coffee beans?”

“Okay wait a second!”

“Emy keep an eye on the cakes, please.”

At the drawing lots

“Hoon’s number is 205649, who’s the lucky girl who has the same number?” Kevin spoke with a mic.

“ME!” a thirty-year-old fat woman shouted and Hoon ran away.

 “Um… Next one… Emy’s number is 566442!”

“I win!” a guy stood up from his seat.

S*** and he’s handsome!

Emy went to give him his prize and her number.

“Congratulations! A cute little couple is born! Please clap for them!”

“Eli’s number is… 146972! So?”

There was a huge silence.

“Anyone… Thank you for the one who comes. Happy Valentine’s Day!”

Everybody leaves including the staff because Kevin let us the possibility to leave earlier on this special day.

“Emy, why are you still here, aren’t you going to join your date?”

I was so happy inside that she didn’t leave but I tried to keep it cool.

She didn’t replied and I kept on asking until she wanted to say it.

“Okay, if you don’t want to talk, bye.” I walked towards the door with the green tea cake.

“WAIT!” she grabbed my arm and the cake fell on the floor.

“Because I like you.” she mumbled.

IS IT REALLY WHAT I HEARD?

“What?”

“I like you?” her back faced me.

“Say it properly.” I lifted her chin and looked into her eyes. She was blushing so much, it was cute to see.

“I…” I kissed her and her eyes widened but finally kissed me back.

“So do you still want to try this?” I picked up the box.

She nodded and ate it quickly.

“How does it taste?”

“It tastes like… It’s the taste of happiness…”

“Let me try!”

“Get out it’s my cake.”

“Come on, sharing is caring!”

Finally, I succeed at stealing a piece and put it immediately in my mouth.

“EWW!!! WHAT’S THAT!”

“I’ve just added some lemon juice…”

“Why is it spicy?”

“Because I emptied two tubes of wasabi that Lauren has bought for me…” she looked down like a guilty little girl.

“OMG! Did you do that for all the prizes?”

“No, only for this one because no one deserves to eat a cake filled up with your love!”

“Aww! You’re so cute!” I pinched her face and she grimaced.

“Let’s eat the Black Forest. Luckily, the fatso and Hoon are gone.”

“You’re so mean but I like that!” she laughed evilly.

Preview: Part of my life.

PS: Hey readers! Where are you all gone! Don’t play hide and seek!!!