Chpt. 12: Dinner for Two

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm not sure if I should eat that then." Jo wrinkles her nose.

I kiss her nose wrinkles away. "Have you know faith? Besides it doesn't smell bad."

"That's reassuring." She rolls her eyes.

I playfully pinch her arm. "It even smells good, doesn't it?"

After very dramatically smelling the air, Jo pulls one arm away from me and places her finger on her chin in thought. "Hhm, I guess so..."

I quirk an eyebrow. "You think?" My fingers then proceed to wander over her sides, tickling her to submission.

"Okay, okay!" Jo shouts between laughs and breaths. I stop tickling, but I keep my fingers ready to resume if she changes her mind. "It looks wonderful! I'm hungry, so can sit down and eat?"

"Of course." I peek her cheek and grab her soft hand in my calloused one. I lead her around the table to her chair. I pull it out for her, and push it in when she is seated. I then run around to my seat and stare at her expectantly with a goofy smile.

Shel laughs at me and her smile glows. "Come on you not, let's eat."

/:{/<>\}:\

The next morning, I am woken by frantic rustling, thundering footsteps, and the sound of vomiting. I am quickly out of bed and rushing into the ensuite bathroom where I find my mate praying to the porcelain god.

"Shit, Jo." I curse under my breath before dashing to her. "Aw, Baby Girl, are you okay?" I hold her hair back and soothingly rub her back. I then place a soft, loving kiss to the nape of her neck.

"No..." She manages to moan miserably. "Your cooking doesn't sit well with my stomach."

She sits back with a sigh, her back against the wall. I brush some of the hairs off of her damp forehead. I then stand up to fill a cup of water for her to rinse her mouth.

"Ohh, I think my lung ended up in there."

I laugh as I hand her the cup and flush the toilet.

"Do you feel better at all, Baby Girl?" I rub her arm.

She nods head, but her eyes remain closed.

"I'm going to go grab you crackers to see if they helps." I am about to stand when Jo puckers her lips for a kiss. I 0eck her nose.

"Hey!"

"You need to brush your teeth first, Babe."

"Don't call me 'Babe.' " Jo's arms are crossed as she mumbles and pouts.

"I'll be right back." I rush from the room.

When I get back to my mates, she is now on the bed. I hand her the crackers and kiss her lips this time (because I know she brushed her teeth).

Like that would matter to you this time.

You're so annoying, Maximilian!

"You good for orientation today?" I ask worried. I know she felt better a minute ago, but she has a full day today. I'm pretty sure they would understand her being late because she is throwing up.

Subtle.

"No, no. I'll be fine." She shakes her head at me while standing up. "I'll take it easy, and Willow will be there with me."

"If you say so." I kiss her again. "Tell me if feel bad at all, and I'll be there."

"Gosh, your so over protective." She rolls her eyes at me as she grabs her clothes for the day.