Chpt. 7: I Got Your Solution Right Here

Depuis le début

I hear a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I shout.

Mom opens the door with a brow raised. "Is there something wrong?"

I smile sheepishly. "I'm just having trouble with something."

She looks at the plants in front of me. "Care to explain?"

I shrug. "Art Class?" I try.

She gives me the I'm-your-mother-so-no-BS face.

I sigh. "It's for my mate."

"So you found her?" She walks in and sits next to me on the bed.

I bite my lip. "Yeah?"

"And why didn't you tell me?" She narrows.

"Things are kinda complicated right now. That's why I'm doing this." I point to the pine and lavender.

She sighs. "I want to meet your mate soon, Daric." She gives me a pointed look.

I beam at her. "Of course." I don't want to get into the fact that already has met her. Many times. I turn back to my bouquet in the making with a puzzled look. How do I do this correctly?

"Would you like me to help?" Mom looks at me.

I nod my head. "Yes, please." I say relieved.

She chuckles as she puts everything in place. "Okay, can you get my some ribbon or twine? There is some in the kitchen."

I nod my head and rush down stairs. I don't find any ribbon, but I find the tan twine and scamper back up the stairs to give it to my mother. She takes it from me and wraps everything up.

I smile. "Thanks Mom." I gently take the bundle from her. I don't want any to happen to this. It looks almost as perfect as Jo.

She turns to look at me. "No problem. It's what a mom is for." She turns back to leave, but stops at the last second to look at me. "Oh, and dinner will be ready soon. If you didn't notice when you sprinted down stairs, there is spaghetti casserole in the oven."

"Okay, Mom, but I'll probably leave before then."

Mom gives me a knowing smile. "Okay."

I can't wait until I see Jo next.

/:{/<>\}:\

Johanna's POV:

Today is it. It's the last day of my built-in take-back week. And, I don't know what I want to happen. Not that that will seem to matter soon. It seems like I already know. The day is almost over, and there has been no sign of him. As time ticks by, my heart pounds faster. What do I want?

I mean, he is my mate, so of course I want to be with him. It is built into my DNA -- or something like that. I want to love him. I want him to love me. My wolf wants to love his. She wants him to love her. His wolf wants to love her.

Does Daric want to love me?

If he doesn't, I don't want him to even try. It will just hurt to have hope only to have it ripped away. These past few days have been so confusing. I don't know what he wants, and that makes me want to rip out my hair!

Right now, to try to distract me, I am out with the gang -- Willow, Flynn, Shelby, and Carter -- at Willow's more a movie night. Half way through Sherlock Holmes -- I got to choose the movie so Robert Downey Jr. -- the doorbell rings.

"Hey, Anna," Shelby calls from Carter's side. "You can grab the door."

"What?" I gasp. "It's RDJ and Willow's humble abode."