thirty-one

"I'm capable of more than you think, princess," I scoff as I begin to walk through the gym toward the both of them. I stop in my tracks and stand no more than fifteen feet away from them. "Hand him over, and no one gets hurt."

"That's cute," Alice mocks, her grip around Jimin's neck tightening. "I'm not scared of you."

"You should be," Jimin croaks, his voice coming out strained due to the pressure around his throat.

"I didn't ask you!" Alice hisses as she pulls her arm back, adding more pressure to Jimin's throat, causing him to audibly cough.

I take a step forward and Alice flinches, her arm jerking back, bringing Jimin's head with it. Jimin coughs and grabs her arm before biting her skin, spinning out of her grasp. He runs over to me and hides behind me, his hands massaging his neck softly.

"What do you want with me?" Jimin asks, his tall form slouching behind me for protection.

Alice chuckles, holding the bite mark on her arm. She grimaces at us before standing straight up, her eyes glued to the two of us.

"I just want you, Park Jimin," she licks her lips and smirks. "I want you all to myself."

"That's so fucked up," I growl, my hand moving behind me to hold Jimin by the waist. "He's mine, everyone knows this."

The group of kids that was originally running through the gym with a soccer ball has now become a cluster in the corner, watching us with scared eyes, waiting for whatever is happening to be over.

As I'm looking at the group cowering in the corner, I almost don't see Alice begin to jolt toward me, her eyes glowing with something resembling insanity. I see her move through my peripheral vision and I quickly pull both Jimin and me out of her path.

She fumbles on her feet, but quickly regains her balance.

"Go and submerge yourself within the soccer team," I say to Jimin as I nudge his arm a little, not allowing my eyes to look away from Alice and her angry eyes. "They'll protect you if I can't."

Jimin gives me a kiss on the cheek before running toward the group of boys cowering in the corner.

"It's just you and me, Alice," I growl as I roll up my sleeves. "Come at me."

Alice chuckles and shakes her head, her gaze moving toward the crowd of soccer jocks guarding my boyfriend. She spins her body and jolts forward, running around me in an attempt to get to Jimin.

I spin around quickly and run after her, my arm jolting forward as I run. Alice tries to run through the crowd, but none of them bother to move, they stay in a turtle shell, protecting Jimin with their lives.

As I catch up to Alice, I grab her by her ponytail and pull her backward with as much force as I can. Her body collapses to the ground and I quickly climb on top of her, my legs on either side of her body.

She growls, struggling beneath my weight as I hold her against the floor. She shifts her weight beneath me and, before I know it, I'm the one on the floor and Alice is sitting on top of me.

"That was cute," Alice spits, her fingers interlocking and cracking. She lifts her fists and plasters a grin on her face before she begins to swing her arms at me, hitting me in the face over and over again.

I time out her punches, counting in my mind how long it takes her to retract her hand and throw another one.

As her arm comes back down, fist flying, I reach up and grab her wrists, squeezing them roughly, my nails digging into her pale flesh.

She hisses and pulls her arms away, my nails scraping the skin away, gathering the bits of flesh and blood with them as she moves.

As she inspects her wounds, I shift my weight and quickly flip us both over, smashing her head against the tiles of the gym in the process. I'm quick to straddle her body, using all of my weight to push her into the floor so she doesn't move - so she can't move.

Without thinking, I move forward, my hand wrapping around her throat, pressing into her skin with more force than the last time.

Her breath catches in her throat as she gasps for air. Her hands come up to smack my arms, her hits are weak from lack of oxygen flow.

"You bitch," she croaks, her face turning pale.

Just before I know she's about to pass out, I remove my hand from her throat. She gasps for air, her body shaking beneath me as she coughs, struggling to breathe again.

"Stay away from him," I growl, standing up and walking toward the crowd, for I know it will take a few minutes for her to regain her strength.

Jimin emerges from the crowd, his eyes teary as he looks at me. He quickly wraps his arms around me, kissing me over and over again to thank me.

"I'll call the police," one of the boys says as he walks toward the side of the room where there is a pile of bags displayed.

Jimin pulls away from our hug and frowns, his eyes gazing over the cuts on my face caused by Alice punching me continuously. He holds my face in his hand and grazes his thumb over the torn skin.

I flinch and pull his hand away from my face, a reassuring smile tugging at my lips.

"I'm fine," I say with a gentle smile, looking into his chocolate brown eyes.

There are distressed screams coming from the crowd, but I try to ignore them.

"Taishi, look out!" A boy screams.

I turn to see what they're yelling about, but I'm too late. There is a sharp pain in my side, and I wince in pain before falling to the floor.

I'm not fine.

-----

A/N; this chapter was a little longer, and I usually don't post
authors notes after chapters. I just wanted
to say thank you for 1k reads,
it truly means a lot.