Our friendship wasn't one that was 'kiss and tell'. We both told each other everything, and everything that happen between us, stays between us. From book reading till what have we ate. We were both so committed to the whole friendship, it resulted to being around each other tweny-four/seven. So the fact that I've gone at least two weeks, telling her that I'm fine and lying, was something new.

"Lou, the tea is ready, the cake too" Her laugh snapped me out of my thoughts as I re-hooked the photo frame on the hook, waddling back into the kitchen as I took my pervious seat.

"Thanks.." I breathed out, cupping my tea cup as I took a sip, enjoying the warming liquid going down my throat.

"So, Lou, why?" She asked, taking a seat across of me, I quickly shot her a confused look.

"With high due respect, Ms. Gold, I don't know what you're talking about.." I spoke, not meeting her eyes.

"First off, have you gone mad? How many times have I told you to not call me that? Sure it's been four years but I'm still not that old son" She spoke, and I chuckled a bit, easing the awkwardness in the air.

"Secondly, you know what I'm talking about. It's been four years, why now?" She asked, and that's when I felt the air get caught in my throat making me loudly gulp.

"I don't know what you're talking about.." I asked, not daring to meet her gaze as I fiddled with my fingers, making a distraction.

"Cut the bull crap, Lou. You can't just leave like that. She missed you; god the first few days were the worst. Considering she haven't left her bed, cried some more and refused to eat. It took me days to find out what was wrong, and when she told me I couldn't believe it. It's been nine years. You've known each other for nine years and that's how you end it? Because she cared more than she should?" She spoke quietly, and all the guilt I was trying to avoid through those four years, slapped me across the face like what the hell was wrong with you Lou?!

"I-I'm sorry.." I stuttered nervously, feeling my hands shake a bit as I heard her let out a breath she was holding.

"Lou, I'm not saying that you should feel guilty, and I know that you probably was in a difficult spot with your diagnosing but why now? Don't you think you're too late?" She asked softly, slipped her hand between her gold hair as she pushed it to the back.

"No, I'm not late. I know we still have a chance, I just need to fight" And that's when I dared to look at her, the frown on her lips twitched into a small smile as she took a sip of her tea.

"You know, Dean and I, we were always together before we got married and got Lili. We were best friends; and funny to think that one day you guys will happen. It's not a shocker you're gay, Lili and I bet on it a week before you came out" She chuckled as my jaw hung open a bit.

"It was girl to girl secret. Oops" She laughed again as I joined her.

"But that haven't stopped people from predicting stuff going on between you two. You were awfully close and someone could be blind if they haven't noticed. I.. I just didn't want you to to grow apart, you know? After Dean's death, it was a pretty handful.." She sighed, and I frowned.

Lili was just 12 when her father died, she doesn't have any siblings, which made everything harder. My mom said that I could be the brother she never had. And I willingly wanted to be. So when he passed away, I used to sleepover for at least every two days and it had gone like that for about six months. It's crazy, really. 'Cause they were the toughest six months. Lili wasn't really that close to her friends as she was with me, although she had this one friend, Diana I think, that she trusted well.