Chapter 31 ~ Something not right

Trixie struggled, trying to kick Starlight off but failed. Starlight just watched her, giving an evil grin. Once Trixie realized her attempts were futile, she stopped. Chain could be heard clinking nearby.

“Trixie,” Twilight shouted. “Do you-”

“Quiet,” Starlight yelled. “Only I can talk to her!”

“”Starlight please-,” Trixie started.

“No! I have done so much for you and yet you’re just trying to leave. Why? Tell me!”

Trixie flinched, staring up in fear. “J-just listen for a-”

“Shut up! Maybe I should’ve taken your voice instead of your cutie mark. It’s not like you were any good at magic anyways.” She spat in Trixie’s face.

Trixie starred at her in shock, sadness coming over her. “I-I…” She couldn’t finish her sentence.

Starlight noticed this, immediately panicking. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it! I swear.” She got off of her repeatedly apologizing.

Trixie saw her chance and kicked Starlight down. She still couldn’t speak though. Instead, she knocked her head against Starlight’s, knocking her out. Twilight just watched, unamused. As Trixie started taking chains off, Twilight gasped, pointing to Starlight. Flash was on the ground beside her, trying to wake her up.

“Flash,” Trixie said, grabbing his attention. Starlight’s words finally sunk it. “You… betrayed me?”

“I can explain,” Flash said. “This way we could both be safe. There was no beating her!”

“Then why did you try to get me to leave?”

“Because I figured we could run away together. But you didn’t go for that so I had to-” He didn’t get to finish that sentence before getting shot with magic by Starlight.

Trixie gasped, quickly getting to rest of the chains off and handed the spell to Twilight. Starlight stood up, charging at them. Twilight teleported them out of there.

“We need to find the map,” Trixie said. “Now!”

“Where is it,” Twilight asked.

“This way!”

Trixie lead the way to the door, keeping an eye out for guards. Any guards they saw, Twilight shot with magic. As they were running, Trixie stopped, realizing something.

“Hey Twilight,” Trixie asked.

“What is it,” Twilight replied, impatient.

“How are you using magic?”

Twilight was taken aback by this, silent for a second. “Did you ever wonder how I got caught?”

“But didn’t they notice?”

“Yep. But I created a spell that made it non removable-” Twilight’s eyes widened, realizing she said too much.

“What? Why aren’t you spreading this!?”

Twilight hesitated for a second. “Because… there would be chaos. Everyone going from no cutie mark ro cutie mark would cause disaster.”

Trixie was going to question her but stopped, hearing guards coming. She continued leading the way, arriving there shortly. Before opening the door, she looked around. ONce again, something was off. Slowly opening the door, she was not surprised to see Starlight standing on the map.