Chapter 34 ~ Begging

"No," Trixie yelled, her eyes widening as she headbutted Starlight, making her back off. "Don't you dare mess with my memories!" Trixie ran towards the map, which had already been activated. 

Starlight followed close behind, shouting, "Don't touch it!"

But Trixie wasn't listening, jumping on top of it. "No more!"

Starlight jumped onto it just as the portal opened up, sending them forward a couple years. The two fell off the map, taking a second to breathe before getting up. Trixie looked up, seeing so far that everything was normal. A smiled slowly made its way onto her face as she sighed in relief. This meant she won, right?

"Why," Starlight mumbled, sitting up. "Why don't you want to be with me? I've done everything to make you happy and yet... you're throwing it all away."

"Starlight," Trixie growled. "You destroyed the world. It... wasn't right. And I'm sick of feeling so powerless. I want my cutie mark back. I want to normal world back. And this is the only way." She got back on to of the map.

"Trixie please! I just want us to be happy together!" Starlight stood up, ready to fight once more.

"But do I seem happy?"

Starlight paused, considering what Trixie said. "Huh?"

"I am not happy with what you've been doing. So I will fix it. And... erasing my memories of all of this? Do you not even care how I feel about all of this?"

"I... Of course I do! But-"

"No. It's over Starlight. I want to go back to my normal life, before I ever made the mistake of coming to your stupid town." 

"But..." Starlight couldn't respond, feeling hurt by those words. 

"Starlight. Please. I... I can't actually activate the map on my own." Trixie looked down. "I need you to."

Starlight smirked. "I won't. I refuse. So you lose-"

Trixie sat down. "I am not moving from here. I will forever sit here and stop you wherever you go to try to change the timeline. You are not winning either." 

Starlight narrowed her eyes, annoyed. "Why do you have to be so stubborn!?" She shot magic at Trixie, trying to knock her off. 

But she dodged. "I beg you... Please... Let me fix the timeline. If you want me to be happy... this is the only way..."

Starlight stood silently, staring, before her anger slowly faded away. "Trixie... will this truly make you happy? Back to being hated by the world?"

Trixie bit her lip, not making eye contact. Yeah, that did sound terrible. But this was the right choice. "I'll... find a way to deal with it. I can redeem myself. And so can you. Please. I beg of you."

Starlight glared once more, before sighing. "Promise me one thing..."

Trixie looked at her, shocked that Starlight seemed to accept defeat. "Yeah?"

"Can we... still be friends once you fix the timeline? Can you find me one day and become my friend again? I... don't want to go through life without knowing you..."

Trixie gave a small smile. "Sure... I promise that I'll find you someday and be your friend."

Starlight hesitated for a second. "...Thank you..." She activated the map, staying where she was. "I'll stay here... since I'm sure you'd prefer I forget all of this."

Trixie nodded. "Thank you, Starlight." The map carried her away.

---

🌿Okay so I forgot to post this sorry.🌿