Chapter 3 ~ Cutie marks

Trixie ran as fast as she could. The place she was looking for came into view. It was inside a cave. There was a  light coming from it. She stopped running when she got inside, and gasped at the sight in front of her. She knew it would have the cutie marks, but it still surprised her. She walked closer, curious on how all this happened. But knew she wasn't going to get her answers. She tried opening it with her hooves but it would budge. Same with her horn. She sighed.

It was then that she noticed the stick. It was weirdly shaped. She walked towards it. What is this, Trixie thought. She reached her hoof forward.

"Look, don't touch," said a voice. Trixie jumped. She had been caught. Starlight walked into view.

"S-starlight," Trixie stuttered. She backed away from the stick.

"I had finished my discussion with Double Diamond and went to go find you." Starlight walked towards the stick. Trixie looked at all the exits. The other ponies from the town were blocking them. She looked for any other way out, but there wasn't one. She turned her attention back to Starlight. Starlight smiled at her. "This is the staff of sameness. It was one of Madge Meadow Brooks nine enchanted items." Starlight levitated the staff and aimed it at Trixie. Trixie took a step back. She bumped up against the vault. "This is what we use to free us from our marks. Were so fortunate to have it." Starlight walked towards Trixie. "Now, quick question. How did you find out about the vault?"

"Oh... uh... was just talking to some pony. That's all." Trixie didn't want to give away who did it. She remembered how freaked out Sugar Belle had gotten about it. She was now wishing she had took Sugar Belle's advice and made a run for it while she had the chance.

"Yes, but how did this come up in conversation?" Starlight was getting inpatient.

"I was just curious about about this whole cutie mark and equality thing. So thought I'd ask around." Trixie tried to fake a smile.

"Uh huh. And you came here why?" Starlight took a step forward.

"T-to check out the vault. See how the cutie marks are kept here. That's all." Trixie was hoping Starlight hadn't seen her try to open it.

"And who told you about this?" Starlight was nose to nose with Trixie. She narrowed her eyes.

"I-I didn't catch they're name. Sorry." Starlight stepped back.

"Then why don't you point them out when we get back to the village?" Trixie gulped. She wasn't sure what would happen to Sugar Belle if she got caught. She technically hadn't done anything wrong. But Starlight probably wouldn't see it that way. Trixie tried to think of some magic she could use to escape. But realized she left all her magic stuff in the wagon. "Trixie... I heard your conversation with Sugar Belle. I. know. everything." Trixie knew she had to get out of there immediately. "Don't blame you for what you tried doing, though. In fact, your not the first. But..."

The staff started to glow. Along with Trixie. She didn't feel good. She screamed in pain as she felt like she was being ripped apart. Her cutie mark came off and went into the center of the staff. Starlight then put the cutie mark into the vault. She turned her attention back to Trixie and smiled. Trixie had fallen to the ground in pain. Starlight extended a hoof to her. Trixie pushed it away and got up herself. She glared at Starlight.

"G-give it back!" Trixie tried to take a step forward but almost fell back to the ground. She felt dizzy.

"Cutie marks are the vein of all evil. You'll soon see just how much better life is without it." Trixie tried to use her magic, but it wouldn't work. She was starting to stumble a bit. "Seems like it was a bit too much for you." Everything was started to go black for Trixie. "Need some help back to the village?" Trixie shook her head.

"I'm not going back. I... I'm leaving..." Trixie attempted to walk away but fell to the ground. She couldn't hold her eyes open anymore.

Starlight levitated Trixie on to her back and started to walk back to the village. The last thing Trixie saw before going unconscious was Starlight smiling at her.