The Best friend

I'm back.

-

-Part 2: The Best friend-

"You were Dhale's best friend, right?" The AG asked the man on the chair, looking at him straight in the eye "Yes, I am."

"How would you characterize his relationship with Zylie?" The AG eyed him "Uhm, Standard. It was a standard relationship."

"Have you ever been a witness of their arguements?" The AG asked yet again "Yes, like all couples."

"Even violent ones?" The AG raised a brow "I don't know what you want me to say,"

"They were a regular couple with ups and downs, Zylie was really patient with Dhale,"

"Are you also friend of Zylie then?" The AG asked "Yes, she became one of my closest frien-"

André raised a brow.

"Does Zylie often contact you whenever they undergo a violent arguement?"

"Yes, very often."

"Did she contact you that night Dhale was murdered?" The AG asked "Yes-"

"And did you go to her house?"

"Ye-"

"Then you witness Mr. Hamilton murder Dhale that night."

"Objection, speculation." André butted in "Just ask your questions Mrs." He smiled, even making some people laugh.

"Overruled, but stop playing the fool." The judge pointed at him.

The General attorney went back to her seat, annoyed.

André then walked towards him "Can you describe Zylie and Dhale's relationship in a few words please."

"Ah, yeah. Zylie was very patient with Dhale," He started "Clever--"

André snorted, making him stop.

"Sorry," He regained his composture "Apparantly, most people nowadays put emojis next to the name of their friends in their contact list," He stated "Do you do the same?"

"Um, Yes?" He stated, but his confusion made it sound like a question "Which emoji did you put next to Zylie's?"

"I b-believe a heart," He hesitated, but answered truthfully "A heart?" He smirked.

"And what color is this heart?" André raised a brow, and Alexander, catching up to his motives, smirked in delight.

The man hesitated "Red."

André shooked his head, smirking. Clearly amused as he looked back at him "How long have you been inlove with Zylie?"

"W-what? I-I am not inlo-"

"You called her intelligent, patient. But this is false," André said, glancing at a clearly pissed Zylie "I've rarely had the opportunity to be against someone as impatient and stupid as her. You are deluded and it can only be through love,"

"So, were you jealous?"

"N-No!-"

"How did it feel to watch the woman you loved be with another man like Dhale?"

"B-but--"

"It shouldn't be simple."

"I-"

"He was loved by everyone and by the woman you loved."

"He wasn't loved by everyon-"

"You learned that Zylie was cheating on him, but not cheating on him with you."

"It's just that--"

"You were jealous of your best friend."

"I just--" He was so overwhelmed by his questions.

"Inlove with his wife-"

"HE DIDN'T DESERVE HER!"

His voice echoed the clearly shocked courtroom.

"Thank you." André smirked as he went back to his seat.

"As much as I loved seeing that man get exposed, I just couldn't see why exposing his feelings was necessary in this case." Alexander said, not looking at him.

"It was more than necessary," André replied "Look at the jurors."

"What they're gonna see is jealousy in the eyes of this man who doesn't look very sad to have lost his best friend." André began

"I gave them something to imagine, weaken their certainties." He continued "They'll imagine Dhale visiting their house after Zylie called him,"

"Zylie?" The best friend called out, opening the door of his house, but to his dismay, the only sight that greeted him was Dhale beating the shit out of poor Philip.

"They'll imagine Dhale and his best friend fighting when Zylie wasn't home.

"Hey man, that's enough." He said, pulling Philip away from him "Zylie wouldn't like that."

"Who cares about what that whore thinks!

"Don't call her that."

"About Zylie, her infidelity, his abuse, no matter what,"

"Well maybe if you would have been a better father and husband, Zylie wouldn't have been cheating on you for a living!"

"You fucking son of a bit--"

"But I am correct." He hissed "If you worked hard instead of beating them both up, Zylie wouldn't have to suffer."

"They'll imagine his bestfriend stabbing him in cold blood,"

His best friend grabbed the knife from the sink in anger, stabbing Dhale in the chest multiple times before stopping, looking at Philip with a muderous face "Don't you dare tell anyone."

Was his last words before he left.

"Out of jealousy."

Alexander glanced at him before turning away, then André looked at Angelica, a sly smirk on her face.

"Don't look at me like that."