Till Death do us Part

a/n: i swear if Loki dies in Avengers: Infinity War i will flip everyone off in the cinemas tomorrow.

this chapter is dedicated to @paisleyfire67

-

The silence was almost deafening. Only the slow but consistent sound of beeping could be heard from the monitor, the atmosphere was thick, and anyone who would enter could almost feel the depressing aura illuminating from the room.

The frenchman sat besides the hospital bed, dark bags visible under his dead eyes. His clothes were disheveled, his hands clenched in loose fists, staring at the sleeping beauty infront of him.

Every beep from the monitor made his heart churn hopefully. There was still a chance, he thought, clenching his fists tightly.

A tiny groan instantly made him snap out of his thoughts, he quickly regained his posture- looking straight at his loved one's distressed face.

"Adrienne." He whispered softly, as if his wife would break if he had spoken any louder "I'm here, Mon amour- I'm here.."

"L-laf..." She responded, her voice softer than an baby's laugh "I-I can't.. I.. I can't.. I can't see.."

Lafayette almost broke at her voice, but he stayed strong for her "I-I'll go get the d-doctor--"

"N-no... P-please..." Adrienne cried, trying to find her love one's figure "D-don't leave.."

"I-It'll be quick A-Adrie--"

"P-please..." She begged, her voicr barely audible "I-It's no use anyway.."

Lafayette wrinkled his brows, chuckling bitterly "W-what do you mean, M-mon amour--"

"I'm dying, Laf..." Adrienne whispered weakly, a sad smile on her face.

Lafayette inhaled sharply, tears pouring down his eyes "D-don't say that, T-there's still h-hope--"

"N-no.." Adrienne laughed "I-I can feel it.."

"Adrienne, Please..." Lafayette begged, his voice breaking "D-don't l-leave me too..."

Adrienne blinked, trying to find Lafayette's face "A-are you crying, Mon amour?"

Lafayette hiccupped, gently grabbing her hand and placing it onto his cheek, in hopes of feeling her lovely warmth, but all he felt was her cold hand.

Adrienne carressed his face, feeling the wet substance on her fingers "D-don't cry, M-mon amour.."

"I-I can't..." Lafayette sobbed "I-I love you.."

Adrienne frowned, turning her head at where her hand was, looking through Lafayette's eyes without her even knowing "N-non, N-no.. Y-you don't... N-not anymore.."

Lafayette felt his heart churn at her statement "W-what? N-no--"

"Y-you're inlove with someone else, M-mon amour.." Adrienne smiled bitterly "Y-you're inlove with t-that kind boy."

"W-with H-hercules.."

Lafayette felt heavy tears pour down his face "I-I... N-no.. H-how..?"

"Y-you cry his n-name in your sleep.." She laughed "Y-you think I haven't noticed..?"

Lafayette felt a bit embarrased, but pushed the emotion away "T-the scarf y-you w-were always w-wearing, and t-the one you're w-wearing now, h-he made it- D-didn't he..?"

Lafayette felt more tears fell, but Adrienne gently wiped them away "I-I'm right, a-aren't I...?'

Lafayette didn't respond "Y-you love him, D-don't you?"