"Chapter 5: Tragedy Revealed"

Start from the beginning

She was obviously weak but she managed to sit up slightly and use the bed to lean against it. "You are looking like your Alfheim avatar..." she breathed softly.

I nodded "Say Yuuki... Are you the only one with the disease?" when I asked her that she shook her head. "My parents had it as well but they passed away. Only one-chan managed to avoid not getting infected."

I heard the door open and turned to look seeing Kazuto and Asuna walking in. "Y/N..." I kept quiet for a bit.

A few minutes have passed, Asuna went to talk with Yuuki while Kirito tried to cheer me up. "I understand that it is very rough to you."

"I just.. Don't wana lose someone again..." I looked down. He patted my back. "It will work out." then the door opens and the doctor walks in. "Hello, i am Doctor Kurahashi" he introduced himself. By what he explains to us, he was Yuuki's doctor since she got hospitalized.

"The next test with the antibiotics is the furthers we have gotten so far. Even though it's an improved version the risk is still there." the doctor explains that they add some additional machines to check everything and have like an x-ray what happens in her body.

"Can I be close to her when she gets the antibiotics?" I asked. "Unfortunately I can't do that. We can't risk her immune system." he said. "No... It's fine... " I heard Yuuki talking through the speaker. "If I may die... I want to be surrounded by my friends and the people I love..." I looked at the tears running down from her. "Doc... Please let him stay with me if possible. This may be the last chance i get to spend time with
Y/N."

The doctor sighed "Alright Yuuki... But don't push yourself about your condition..." "Yuuki there is something I need to -" before I was able to finish my sentence. A nurse walked in "Doctor we have a problem. We don't have any 0 Type blood." she was slightly panicking.

"How could this happen?" Doctor Kurahashi asked. "The order we received were only blood A, B and Ab but no 0." she answered. "This cause a problem for you Yuuki." he turned to look at her. "Wait... So does that mean Yuuki has blood type 0?" Asuna was bit worried. "Yes. At the moment Yuuki is the only 0 Type we have in the hospital but we might need to change the date for the antibiotics" the doctor was about to tell the nurse to change the date until I jumped in.

"I am blood type 0" they all turned to me rather surprised. "You do, then please let us do some check up if your blood is useable." he said and ordered the nurse to prepare the blood donation. "Asuna, Kazuto. Can I request you both to bring my Amusphere here to the hospital? And maybe some spare clothes as well?"

They smiled at me. "Of course Y/N" they said. I handed them my key. "We will be right back." both of them left after that.

I had to do a cleanup check if I wanted to get closer to Yuuki. After that, a nurse came in. I went to sat on a chair and get my blood draw out into a bloodbag. It hurts like hell but I endured it for Yuuki. After that I got some sweets to compensate the lost.

Yuuki smiled at me. Even though she is in this situation. She doesn't seem to let the illness take over her happiness. "Say Y/N..." I looked at her.

"It has been months since I asked this but why did you quit playing VRMO?" when I heard the question I thought I would get a slow panic attack but odly.. Nothing happens... I stood there quiet

"....You have told me about your past so i guess it's fine telling you about mine. You know that I am a SAO survivor like Kirito and Asuna." Yuuki nodded in response.

"We were fighting against the 75th floor boss... The Skull Reaper. Many people died fighting against that boss. We were a big army with the strongest player in the game. Kazuto and Asuna were there and my two cousins Isei and Kento...." my voice went silent when I mentioned their name.