Chapter 25

Damon stood to his feet quickly and looked angry and worried at the same time.

I stood up with him and placed my hand on his chest.

"Yes. Yes I'll marry you." I said making him look at me and calm down completely.

He smiled brightly and placed the ring on my finger before wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me with so much passion.

I slowly parted from him and looked him in the eyes.

"Go. I'll be okay. They need you. I'll see you later okay?" I said before kissing him again.

He nodded and turned to Tyler.

"Tyler take Becky back to the pack house and keep her safe. If anything happens to her I swear to god I will kill you." He growled at the end and turned back to me and kissed me again. "I love you. I'll see you in a few hours."

I nodded and Damon was gone. Tyler quickly lead me through the back door of the restaurant.

Once we were outside he stopped.

"What? What is it?" I whispered as I looked at him.

He looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Just know I don't want to do this. You're like a sister to me. I just can't let him have her." He said before punching me straight in the face.

Everything went black.

Damon's POV

Vampire. That's all I smelled as soon as I got to the pack house. There must have been hundreds. When I got to the front of the building I saw multiple wolves fighting vamps.

I quickly ran and smashed my head into the side of a vamp that was trying to crush Stephanie.

She got up and nodded.

'Thanks Damon.' She said through mind link.

Suddenly a vampire pounded into my side throwing me across the yard. I got up and faced him. He cracked his neck and got down into a running position. A low growl escaped my wolf's lips as I charged him. At the same time he ran at me. Just before we collided he tried jumping over me but I grabbed his head in between my jaws and shook.

One down. About a hundred to go.

Suddenly there was a blood curdling scream and everything went in slow motion from there.

I saw many wolves fall around me as vampires bit into their necks instantly killing them.

"Damon!" A girl screamed. I know that voice. Lacy!

I quickly scanned the area until I saw her with a vampire on top of her trying to bite her neck.

I quickly smashed into the devils frame and it went flying. I looked down at Lacy and she was holding onto her neck. Blood streaming between her fingers.

I quickly shifted and kneeled beside her.

"Lacy. Oh my god. You're bit." I panicked as I felt the tears start to stream down my face.

"Thanks for stating the obvious." She laughed but ended coughing up blood.

"Oh Lacy. This wasn't supposed to happen to you again." I whispered.

"Damon. Listen. I'll be okay." She nodded.

"No. No you won't." I cried.

"I will Damon. Do you remember when the rogues attacked us when we were younger?" She asked. I nodded. "I did die that day."