Chapter 5

Becky's POV

Damon held onto my hand as he guided me through the trees. I had never been in this part of the woods, so I had no clue where he was leading me. I decided to take this time to admire Damon's features.

He had broad, muscular shoulders and his arms were muscular as well. My eyes trailed down his muscular back to the hem of his shorts. Damon was almost a foot talked than me because he is 6'3 and I'm 5'5.

We came to a sudden stop and I looked around. We had walked into a small clearing. It was beautiful. Small white and blue flowers spread across the green forest floor. Off to my right was a small creek. And to my left was a cliff that hung off the side of the mountain so you could see the sunset over the forest. This place was truly breathtaking.

"It's beautiful, huh?" Damon smiled, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah it is." I smiled back.

"My sister found this place when she was almost seven." He said looking out in the distance.

"Well it's beautiful. She should be proud of herself." I smiled. "It takes a lot to find a place this perfect."

"Yeah it does." He sighed. We sat in silence for about an hour just watching and listening.

"Hey Becky?" He said nervously.

"Yeah?" I smiled at him.

"Um... You know how you said that I had to earn this?" He said looking at me. "Meaning us."

"Yes. Of course."

"Well. At first I didn't know what you wanted me to do, but now I know." He grinned.

"And that would be?" I rose an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I have to do this." He said turning completely around to face me. He grabbed my hands and smiled at me.

"What? Holding my hands?" I chuckled.

"No. I have a question." He said nervously. "Will you go on a date with me?"

"Damon. I thought you'd never ask." I smiled hugging him tightly.

After about ten minutes of silence, Damon spoke up.

"We should go so no one worries. School is about to end." He whispers in my ear.

Damon and I walked hand in hand back to the school grounds. When we walked into the school, everybody was whispering and pointing at us. Just then, the last bell rang and everyone was in the hallways.

Damon's grip on my hand tightened as he walked me to my locker so I could get my skateboard.

"You know what. I'll drive you home." Damon smiled.

"Damon. I don't think that's the best idea. I mean it's not your territory." I sighed.

"Come on. I'm your mate. Do you think I care? Plus what's the worst that could happen? I'm just driving you home." Damon whined.

"The worst thing that could happen is that my dad could be home!" I said irritated. "You aren't driving me."

"I'm not taking no for an answer." He said angrily in his alpha voice. Everyone around us flinched slightly but I didn't. He didn't scare or intimidate me.

"Well I said no. And that's final." I said in my own alpha voice. Everyone in the hall flinched and inched away at the sound of my voice. Even Damon flinched. Am I that intimidating?

"Luna!" Bryan ran up with Stephanie next to us. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes. Everything's okay." I sighed turning towards them and away from Damon.