Chapter 18

Becky's POV

Since everything happened about a week ago I moved into Damon's house and my shoulder has healed. Amber, Toby, Bonnie, and Marley

I haven't heard anything from Connor though. Mom and dad said he went on a month trip to go look at some colleges around the US.

Right now I decided to lay in mine and Damon's bed. I've been laying here for hours. Just thinking. About Damon. The prophecies. Connor. Amber. My parents. This Mason guy. Everything.

Suddenly the door to the room opened.

"Baby. Are you awake?" Damon whispered.

"Yeah." I sighed and turned over to face him.

He walked to the side of the bed and sat down next to me. I sat up and crossed my legs.

"You okay?" He asked rubbing his thumb lightly on my cheek.

"Yeah. Just tired and very very confused." I said starting to pick at my nails.

"It's okay baby. We'll get through this together. Okay?" He smiled stroking a strand of hair behind my ear and lifting my chin with his other hand.

"Yeah."

"You hungry?" He asked and I nodded. "Come on."

He grabbed my hands and pulled me up off of the bed. Hand in hand we went down stairs to the kitchen. After pulling out two spoons, he walked over to the freezer and pulled out a tub of cookie dough ice cream.

"Oh my god! You've had cookie dough ice cream this whole time and never told me!" I gasped and took the tub from him, quickly opening it and shoving a spoonful into my mouth. Damon laughed and leaned against the kitchen island staring at me with admiration.

"What?" I asked through a full mouth of ice cream.

"I love you that's all." He smirked making blush madly.

"Always have cookie dough ice cream in the freezer and I'll love you back." I giggled as he gasped and put a hand to his chest in fake hurt.

"Fine then." He said sticking his lower lip out in a pout.

"I'm just kidding." I said kissing his lips. "I love you so much Damon."

"Enough to share?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Don't push it mister."

The rest of the night went by quickly. After eating the entire jug of ice cream, Damon and I watched a movie and went to bed. Damon fell asleep before I did, but as I slowly fell into my sleep I noticed his face didn't look happy. He looked sad and he started to cry. Why was he crying in his sleep?

Suddenly I started to get images in my head. Was I picking up on the dream he was having? I must be. But in the dream I was me.

I ran down the long corridors of the dark school. Low growls were just a few feet behind me as I tried to run faster. Suddenly there was a sharp pain in my side as I fell to the cold tile floor. I rolled over onto my back to see two blood red eyes just a few inches from mine. I wanted to scream but the pain in my side hurt too much. The beast that was on top of me smelled my hair and started to growl. I could feel the tears running down my face.

The creature got closer and opened its jaws as its saliva, mixed with what I'm guessing was my blood, was dripping onto my face and neck. I started to full on sob and closed my eyes. All I could think about was Damon. Where was he?

All of a sudden, there was a low growl to my left. I refused to open my eyes. Suddenly the weight on top of me disappears followed by a thud and whimper. I open my eyes to see the creature that was once on top of me laying motionless on the floor.

I turned my head to see Damon kneeling next to me pushing a hand on my side. I winced at the pain shooting through my body.

"You're hurt baby." He sobbed quietly.

"I'm fine." I waved it off as I tried to sit up but fell back down screaming in pain.

"I'm so sorry, baby. It's all my fault." He cried even more pulling me to his chest. "I-I love you. I'm so sorry."

"I-I love you too." I said as tears slipped through my eyes. He kept rocking me on the floor as everything slowly faded to darkness.

"Please. Baby, please stay with me." He cried into my shoulder. "I'm so sorry. Don't leave me."

That's when everything went black. I love you too Damon.

Damon shot up from his spot next to me shaking and covered in sweat. He started to bawl and rock himself back and forth.

"Damon. Baby. Calm down. It's alright. I'm okay. See I'm right here." I whispered to him as I wrapped my arms around him holding his head to my chest. "It's okay."

"Y-you... I could have saved you." He whispered looking up at me. "I could have kept you safe but I didn't. I left you there."

"Hey. Shh... It's okay Damon. It's alright. I'm here now. Safe with you. You're alright. I'm alright. We're going to be okay." I whispered and kissed the tears from his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"I know." I said. "Go back to bed okay. We can talk more in the morning." I said kissing the top of his head.

He nodded and payed back down. I laid with my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. I'm pretty sure he was afraid he'd lose me again if he hold on tight enough.

"I love you Damon." I whispered as he and I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

My last thought was 'did I just watch his dream?'

DOUBLE UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS!!!

I love you guys that much. It's a little short but hey. Whatever!

Love ya beauties!

-Kim💙