Chapter 3

Becky's POV

After mine and Damon's little moment, I awkwardly walked back into the school. I was shocked to say the least. After gym, the day went by fairly quickly.

On my way to lunch, I went to my locker. Suddenly, a body leaned against the locker next to mine. His close proximity making my wolf jumpy.

"Hey." He smirked. I closed my locker and turned to walk away, but his hand grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him.

"Are you mad at me?" He sighed. His blue eyes were full of sadness and worry.

"No." I simply said as a smile twitched onto my lips. I swiftly spun on my heels leaving Damon smiling.

When I walked into the cafeteria, I quickly found Stephanie. She smiled as I sat in front of her.

"So, are you gonna tell me now?" She rose an eyebrow at me.

"Ifoundmymate." I said quickly and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You know you can tell me anything." She smiled.

"I found my mate." I said so only she could hear.

"What?! You found your mate?!" She squealed loudly and the cafeteria went quiet.

"Yes, now be quiet. Please." I pleaded quietly as the room went back to its loud state.

"Okay, okay. But who?!" She gasped. Just like it was on cue Damon burst through the cafeteria doors. He looked over at me and smiled as he joined his friends.

I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I looked at Steph.

"Him." I smiled making her gasp.

"What?! Your mate is Damon Richards!" She squealed in shock as everyone in the room silenced and looked from me to Damon.

"Shut up Steph!" I groaned as the heat went to my cheeks.

There were whispers going all through the cafeteria. Suddenly Bryan, my beta, came to my side and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Luna are you alright?" He whispered and looked up when he hears a low growl.

"Yes I'm fine Bryan. Thank you." I smiled at him but he didn't leave. He sat right next to me staring at something across the cafeteria as if he wanted to kill it.

I looked up to see Damon. His fists tight and his jaw clenched. His eyes were flashing from black to blue. He was pissed.

"Bryan. I think it would be best if you kept your distance okay? I'll be fine. I have Stephanie." I smiled patting his shoulder as he got up and walked back to the rest of the pack keeping his eyes on me. Stephanie was my Protecter and best friend so if something was to happen she was there.

I looked over at Damon and he still looked pissed. I sighed and looked over at Stephanie.

"Go calm him down before he kills someone." She smirked and got up walking over to Bryan and sitting with them.

I sighed and got up from the table and walked cautiously to Damon. He looked at Bryan still with anger and I sighed placing my hand on his cheek. His head snapped towards me and his expression softened instantly.

"Damon, you need to-" I was cut off guard by a strong arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me away from Damon.

Damon's face went back to anger and he looked as if he was about to kill this guy.

"Let me go!" I yelled. The arm got tighter around my waist as it held me in place.

"No! He will hurt you!" I knew that voice. I wake up to his snoring from the room over. I hear that voice arguing with my father in the living room every once in a while.

"Let go of me Connor! He won't hurt me!" I screamed. His grip didn't loosen.

"How do you know?" He growled at me turning me to face him.

"Connor, he's my mate." I sighed and his facial expression went from anger to amusement.

"Oh so he hasn't rejected you yet?" He chuckled lowly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked shocked by his question.

"He hasn't told you?" He smirked at Damon and looked back at me. I heard Damon start growling.

"If you tell her I swear-"

"Tell her what? That you said you didn't want a mate and you would reject your mate whenever you found her?" Connor scuffed.

"What?" I asked turning back to Damon. He looked pissed and sorry at the same time.

"Baby. Please. Listen-" he sighed.

"No! Did you really say that?" I asked as tears filled my eyes.

"Baby listen. Please. I never-"

"No Damon. I don't want to hear it!" I cried. "I, Rebecca Taylor, reject you, Damon Richards, as my mate!"

I yanked myself out of Connor's arms and ran out of the cafeteria. I felt like my heart was shattering into a million pieces and then burned to ashes. It hurt to know that the one person who was supposed to love me unconditionally forever didn't even want to know who I was. I'm officially done.

Damon's POV

After Becky ran out I was so furious with Connor I wanted to kill him!

"What the fuck was that?!" I roared at Connor.

"She deserves better than you." He growled.

"I never said any of that!" I was having a hard time keeping in my tears. I've been looking for my mate ever since the incident. I had to find my mate, to protect her, love her, be happy with her. But now I don't even think I'll have a chance because of Connor. My archenemy.

I ran after Becky after that not saying a word. I had to find her. I had to explain to her. I had to tell her that I love her.

Guys. The type of love Damon says he has for her is the type that you want to take care of them always and always be there for them. Not like love as in she's the one and he will only love her. That's not until later. 😂 maybe I should have clarified that.