Chapter 24: Way to be dramatic on an email!

"Matt!" Sam rushed to hug me the moment she caught sight of me in the office, which was unfortunately right in front of Josh's desk. I didn't miss the abhorrent shock on his face, or him subsequently running out of the room.

I tried my best to hide my wince as Sam led me to my cabin and opened the door, her eyes shining brightly. "Surprise!" She grinned widely and gestured me to look in.

I looked into the cabin and gasped for this was not the simple cabin I had left that Friday evening. It had been entirely redecorated to look like an executive office, and even though the decor was a tad-bit feminine, all-in-all, the room gave a really comfortable and home-y feel.

I didn't fail to notice the two separate desks facing each other on the opposite side of the room, and I realized what happened. Sam was moving into my cabin.....

"I hope you won't mind me shifting in here with you?" She asked, giving me a coy smile.

"Are you kidding? This is the best thing anyone has ever done for me! Thank you Sam!" I hugged her again, trying to ignore a little guilty feeling trying to suffocate me.

"Anything for my hero! I don't know how, but boss immediately agreed to this arrangement, and I was only too happy to leave my desk behind." She shrugged, patting my back.

"Still honest about this being the sweetest thing someone has done for me." I smiled but dropped it quickly remembering how He had got me food last Friday, He being the literal personification of evil, who had yet to kill me despite me having to have got on his nerves at least a meager 2% of how much he had got on mine...

I stepped back quickly and started arranging the things on my table to realize that they had already been arranged.

"I know how you like it, so I arranged it already, hope you don't mind." She smiled as she sat behind her desk.

Two peas in a pod...

I grinned and nodded, enjoying the already neat arrangement, and got ready to start with work.

We were absorbed in our work for the rest of the morning, only exchanging shy smiles and serious nods at somehow the exact same time we made eye contact, which was regular, but not too over the top.

Birds of a feather flock together....

And yet, with a sinking feeling I realized: Opposites attract, and likes repel.

After our lunch date at a nearby deli, we went back to work, deciding to be professional during work hours for the benefit of the company as well ourselves.

But the moment I laid eyes on that blasted email, I knew my day wouldn't be productive any more.

I should have realised, my life would never be the same again.

The email was from a no-reply account owned by what appeared to be Hell and co., and the subject of the email being: One Last Time. The actual contents of the email were empty, with no directions or instructions. Neither an actual invite, nor a command. Just a fact.

I stood up, knowing exactly where I needed to go, but not knowing what I would do. Nevertheless my mind was already made up and I only stopped when Sam asked me if something was wrong.

"Don't worry, something came up, but I'll deal with it." I tried to give her a reassuring smile, and it seemed to work as she returned her own smile.

"See you soon" I heard her whisper but I was already out of the cabin, thinking of the million ways this could go wrong in my head, and trying to figure out a solution for any one of them, just holding on to the illusion of having control at least until I got there.

~*~*~*~*~

We are in the endgame now. (Sorry couldn't resist :P)

Basically a filler( a necessary filler, if you ask me)

But yeah, the next few chapsters are going to be good, so stay tuned!

Please vote and comment!