Chapter 5: I'm a 7 and that's apparently good...

Name:

Age:

Date of Birth:

Gender:

Religion:

Hobbies:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

How you came to know of this service:

On a scale of 1-10, how desperate are you?:

Mobile Number:

Email ID:

In Case Of Emergency, Contact:

I read through the form three times, my eyes skimming over the individual words. It was all too incredible to believe in! Demons and devils existed? My mother would have a heart attack if I told her about this! And them working in Victoria's Secret as saleswomen? My dad would laugh at me and make me go see a psychiatrist.

If the devil was real.... Did that mean god was real too?!

I silently watched as Delilah and Desdemona helped the women and a few men too, purchase what they needed.

After about five minutes, I saw Delilah making her way towards me and quickly started filling up the form, not wanting them to know about my inner turmoil.

"Don't worry, I won't bite your head off." Delilah raised both her hands up in what I assumed was a sign of peace.

"I'm not so sure now. Not sure about anything!" I looked away, not wanting her to see what I felt.

"You feel like you have been to lied to, your entire life haven't you?" She cocked her head to the side, trying to get me to see her.

"Yeah.."

"Well you have to understand that they themselves didn't know all this existed! Somehow humanity has diluted religion to mere myths. Sure, there are a few who still staunchly believe in religion, but they don't really understand what exists and what doesn't. They have been regularly fed more fiction and mere myths, to keep the power in the hands of a select few, who use religion to their advantage."

I frowned. What she said made complete sense but I still felt absolutely miffed.

"Don't worry, your mind will take some time to adapt. You'll get used to all this eventually."

I stared ahead stonily.

I don't need consolation! I needed answers!

"You know what? Why don't you take it easy today? It's your first day after knowing and all. Let me help you with the form."

She sat beside me and read out each part and noted down my details dutifully.

"How desperate are you?" She asked, the curve of her smile highlighting her high cheekbones, her fangs glinting despite the muted lighting.

"I don't understand! What do you mean desperate? I don't think there's a way to measure that!"

"Would you have someone die to get what you want? Would you strike a deal with the devil for what you want? Would you suffer in hell for eternity but with the memory of having lived the most amazing lifetime or would you rather go to heaven without any happy memories of living but have a comfortable after-death?"

"No, yes and yes!" Matt sighed, closing his eyes, the bright lights of the shop too much to take in.

"That's a 7. That's good actually. The ones which are at 9 or 10 are the worst, and they end up trying to pull the hood on us.."

"What?"

"Yeah, haven't you heard of Jack? Jack O' Lantern? Ring a bell?"

"That actually happened?"

"Oh it happened alright! Do not mention his name in here again if you wanna live the rest of your life..."

"Delilah! He's here!" Desdemona shrieked, causing Delilah to drop everything and run to the front of the shop.

I slowly rose, not believing that I was going to meet someone who could potentially turn my life around, and my afterlife definitely, down down down.

Delilah suddenly ran towards me. "Do not look him in the eyes today. Just don't."

She was back in her place when I looked up to reassure her that I wouldn't, standing at the door as if she hadn't been in front of me just a moment ago.

"Hey ladies! Now what do we have here?" I heard a smooth velvety voice at the entrance to the shop.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

It's great to be writing again. Afresh. Another new start...

My other story GRAHAM is #completed and I cannot describe how liberating it felt to have it compeleted. 

Hopefully I'll keep at it till I complete this story too!

Loads of M&Ms!

bookbutterfly1999