Chapter 15: Bro's day out?

"Matt?" I felt someone shaking my shoulders but didn't move.

"Matthew if you don't wake up right now..." I heard a threatening voice and immediately sat up straight in my bed, grumbling.

"Good boy." Someone patted my head.

I hate it when people wake me up, especially with death threats.

"Wait a minute!" I looked at my watch and almost screamed.

"Shit! I have to go immediately! My boss will skin me alive for being late already!" I jumped out of the blanket and couch and almost ran out of the room, but was stopped by a laughing Desdemona.

"Where do you think you are going now?" She chuckled.

"Office." I deadpanned and tried to maneuver around the busty blonde towards the door.

"Don't you have holidays on Sundays?" She arched a perfect eyebrow up.

"I do but today's-" I stopped in my tracks and checked the day in my almost dead phone.

"Sunday" I sighed relieved and went back and collapsed on the couch and wrapped myself all around with the soft blanket.

Just when I was able to sleep, I heard the shrill ring of my phone.

Groaning, I took out my phone without opening my eyes and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Uh um hey!"

"Josh!?" I looked at the caller ID groggily.

"Yeah hehe it's me. What are you doing now?"

"Me? I am still in bed." I mumbled.

"Oh" Josh chuckled.

"What's up?"

"I uh hum uh I don't even" He sighed, "Would you like to go out? Like on a bros day out or something?" He finished awkwardly.

I opened my eyes and frowned.

That's odd... he's never offered to spend time like this and stuff...

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged, knowing it maybe better distract myself right now.

"Great! I'll come pick you up around 10?" Josh asked, sounding excited and I couldn't help but grin.

"Sure, I'll text you my address." I cut the call and sent him my address before.

"Ooooh someone's got a dateeee!" Delilah sang in a silly childish voice, but I was too comfortable in my blanket igloo to even try and respond.

~*~

I lied on my bed, reading the news and trying to research about the Inexistentials and the spawn of satan, coming up with no related results.

Pure disappointment...

I stood up when I heard the doorbell, closed my laptop and notebook, grabbed my wallet, phone and keys and went to open the door.

Josh stood nervously, and seeing him in a black jeans and Polo shirt felt odd, as opposed to his usual office-wear.

"Shall we?" I smiled and turned to lock the door.

The entire car ride was pretty silent initially, so I decided to break it.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You wait and watch." He smiled mischievously, somehow reminding me of Him.

Ughhh why am I thinking about him now? Will I ever get a break from all that madness? I groaned, when images of his cherry red eyes and the broken halo and wings invaded my mind.