Epilogue

Warning: Excessive amounts of sappy cringe, plis don't hate me.

"So what do you think?" I heard him whisper near my ear but didn't open my eyes, too disoriented from the ride down. He tried to disentangle himself from me but I was still clutching on to him with blind panic.

"Shhh. It's fine. I know the ride here was terrible, but you are strong and though it will take some time getting used to, I know you'll eventually get through it." He tried to soothe me but it helped only slightly as the echo of those taunting nightmares were burned into my brain.

"I guess I won't be going back up for a long long time." I replied weakly and the chuckle I felt vibrate his chest made me feel warm.

And that's when I felt it. Too much warmth. As though we were being swallowed by burning embers. All over.

I opened my eyes to look around the place, seeing a lot of... red. Like I wasn't even surprised but the decor being this red but it looked too natural as if fashioned out of people's innards rather than paints and bricks....

"So what do you think?" He repeated his earlier question and I blurted out the first thing that came in my mind.

"Is it hot in here or is it just you?" I slapped a hand to my mouth as I realised that the filter between my mouth and head had vanished, temporarily and I said the stupidest crap ever.

How could I embarrass myself like this?

I hid myself in his chest as he laughed uncontrollably, wheezing as he tried to catch himself, failing as he started again.

"Heyyy!" I tried to stop his laughter.

"I didn't know you were into pickup lines, Matt." He grinned diabolically as all the blood drained from my face.

"No please." I wailed as I saw his grin widening(if that were even possible).

"Are you religious? Cause you're the answer to all my prayers." He chuckled again and I knew I was in my personal torturous hell as I heard him spout simila nonsense for a few more minutes, and I tried to explore the place(more like getaway from his cringe worthy pick up lines but who cares, right?).

He steered me through certain rooms and stopped me from going through others, still whispering stupid pickup lines in my ear but he finally stopped me in front of an ornately designed brown door.

He went ahead of me and opened it, and got into what appeared to be a room with blue walls.

"Are you craving Pizza? Because I'd love to get a pizz-a you." My breath hitched as I remembered our kind-of date with the pizza and I let myself be pulled into the room without any objections, as I tried to memorise this small, moment in my head, wanting it to be my eternity...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Holy sheesh guys! 

It's over!

I can't believe it!

I'm torn between immense relief and slight disappointment.

But it's over, and as Dr. Seuss says, I choose to be happy that it happened, over the sadness that it's done .

Thank you for sticking with me till the end... you guys have amazing amounts of patience!