Chapter 18: The devil truely is evil!

"Would you like a refill?" The bartender grinned as he pointed to my almost empty glass.

"Yes please." I nodded. My eyes drifted to Alan Turing and Sam, together on the dance floor and I immediately looked away. "And make it stronger please!" I called out to the bartender.

"My my Mr. Pearson! Fancy seeing you here!" I heard a familiar velvet voice which caused me to turn so fast I almost had whiplash.

"You!" I gawked. The devil was here, in all his ass-hole-ish glory.

"Were you thinking of me? Because you know that saying about how 'if you think of the devil and he shall appear'? Yeah I think that's true." He smirked, gesturing to himself.

I shook my head and turned away from him.

"Oh thank you very much!" I flashed the bartender a grateful smile when he came back with my drink, and took a huge sip of it.

"Ah you know? My shift gets over around 11, so maybe we could-" the bartender smiled sheepishly as he started but was cut off rudely.

"Sorry bud, but he's with me." The devil threw his arm around me and chuckled.

"Oh I'm really sorry." The bartender quickly left when someone asked for a drink.

"Hey! What the hell was that?!" I shrugged off his arm and turned to glare at him.

"Didn't you see he was trying to ask you out?" He raised his perfect eyebrows.

"I know, but why did you have to act as if you were with me?!"

"I was just saving you the trouble, Matt. He's gay, and you clearly are not." He deadpanned.

"I know that-"

"Unless you actually are secretly gay and-"

"Nope. I am still in love with Sam and none of you can change that. Neither the bartender, nor Josh, nor you or anyone in this world."

"Is that so?" The devil looked amused which annoyed me further.

"Yes." I tried to stare him down but I gave up soon, when I figured out he must have had millennia to perfect the stare down.

Just when he decided to order the one of the bar's most expensive scotches after paging through the menu, I heard a sound from the dance floor.

I turned to look at one of the most blessed scenes in my entire life: Sam fighting with that idiotic Turing.

I kept my glass on the counter and decided to walk over to the unhappy couple.

"Hey what's going on?" I placed a shaky hand on Sam's shoulder, trying to calm her down.

"He cheated on me!" She seethed.

"Oh" was all I could say. It was way to awkward to say anything else.

"Well what did you expect? You didn't want to do it, and I definitely wanted only that! So I did the decent thing and waited till you came around. But you are taking too long! Of course I couldn't help it! It was actually just a honest mistake..." He shrugged.

"Leave." Sam said and walked away from him, tugging me along with her.

I struggled to maintain my external composure when all I really wanted to do was laugh. But I held it together for Sam.

"You'll be alright Sam. He was an asshole." I squeezed our joined hands, almost giddy on the inside.

"I uh just need some drinks in me right now, Matt." She sighed, shaking her head as though to get ready of the horrible memories of her now-ex boyfriend.

We made our way to the counter and ordered a few shots for each. I was ready to step up and be the best friend she needed tonight. Maybe next week or month I could ask her out...

"Enchante Mademoissele! You look as radiant as the first rays of sunshine on a clear lake." The devil suddenly swooped in our of no where and kissed Sam's hand, who giggled.

What the hell was happening!

The continued to chat together as though he hadn't just been acting like a pompous ass to me a few minutes ago, or as if she hadn't just dumped her boyfriend of two months a few minutes ago.

And I? I couldn't do anything but watch.

Not because I wanted to, but because I was literally tongue tied. I couldn't feel my mouth or my hands or legs. I felt like a statue, but inside I was panicking and screaming.

How dare he do this to my love?

How could he just stomp over my opportunity and kill my heart?

They completed the shots rounds and the devil escorted her out through the door. The moment the duo were out of my sight, my body unfroze and I immediately ran after them.

I stopped when I saw the devil closing the door of a cab and waving her goodbye.

"What did you just do?" I yelled at him.

"I got a date with the splendid Ms. Samirah Mathers." The devil grinned, and under the yellowish light from the street light, he has never looked more maniacal than he did now.

~*~*~

A/N:-

I am damn proud of this chapter. I really am. 

Did you like it?😏

Next chapter's gonna be fun🤭

Ok too many emojis, I am outta here.