Chapter 8: The better version of Call Me Maybe?

"Honey, you don't worry about the room, we will just get you cleaned up for a bit and you can be on your own merry way!" The queen stifled a laugh as she caught my uneasy look.

"What's got such a fine looking man here just in time for the Tuesday Karaoke challenge?" She started to fold more tissues and dry my guns and roses t-shirt.

"Oh! Don't worry about me, I'm not here to participate. I'm just here to let loose, have fun.." I trailed off when I saw her perfectly done eyebrow in a highly condescending arc.

"You and I both know why you are here, young man, don't try to hide it!" She flipped her hair menacingly.

I just sighed, not knowing what to say.

"Come here, let's try to dry you faster." She beckoned me towards a plug point in the wall and proceeded to remove a hair-dryer out of her small ruby-encrusted crutch, the hair dryer coming out of the small purse like some kind of animation.

"You're here to meet Mr. Diablo right?" She smirked at my shocked expression.

I nodded mutely.

"How are you doing? Is it all too overwhelming for you?" She asked, her voice surprisingly gentle.

"I-I uh," I ran my left hand through my hair, frustratedly.

"It's hard to come to terms with." I sighed out after a few minutes of the hair dryer's noise at its highest setting.

"Son, somethings in life is hard, like coming to terms with yourself, your identity, the cruelty of this world...." the queen's violet eyes seemed far away, as she whispered.

"But this? This ain't something to be scared of son. Sure the world seems different now, but you are learning something new. Equip yourself with as much proper knowledge as possible, level the playing fields! It's time you humans show you aren't weeklings anymore! Ignorance may have been bliss, but now knowledge is power. Deal with it hun!"

She seemed to be speaking from her own experiences... she must have gone through a hard period in her life before she may have found acceptance....

I couldn't say I understand her, but somehow I found myself respecting her

"What's your name?" She asked, her burgundy hair forming a curtain around her tilted head.

"I'm Matt Pearson" I shook her hand firmly.

"Pleased to meet you Matt, I'm Camilla De Cayn Cadaver. You can call me De Cayn." She grinned, her now emerald green eyes sparkled before she hugged me tightly.

Must be colour changing contact lenses....

"If you have any problems dealing with Luci, just tell me all right? I can talk to him." She smirked, as she handed me her card with her name embossed in gold, along with her phone number behind it.

"Thank you for the...." I gestured to the tissues and the hair dryer that she was currently tying up, unable to exactly thank her for all the things she did, properly.

"Aww, sweetie don't worry about it!" She pinched my cheeks before she slipped off her heels.

"It's my turn now, I got to run to the stage." She winked and took off running after a final air kiss, the frills of her black dress billowing around her like a cape in the wind.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it's time for our most anticipated Karoke performance of the night by: Queen Camilla De Cayn Cadaver!"

She smiled and waved as the whole crowd cheered for her, but quickly did the knife-slitting throat action and gritted her teeth as the starting notes of a song began.

Camilla's rendition of the song to the karaoke tune of Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen:

The crowd cat-called and whistled as she did a perfect split and stood back up again just as the ending notes of the song faded

The crowd cat-called and whistled as she did a perfect split and stood back up again just as the ending notes of the song faded. I cheered loudly, taking up the popular chant of "One more!", when I felt a strong hand on my shoulder and turned immediately to see who it was.

________________________________________________________________________________

AN:

I love how the people of  tumblr came together to bless us all with this beautiful lyrical masterpiece. I'll be grateful to all those usernames eternally.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Did you like Queen De Cayn Cadaver? What are your thoughts? Any suggestions or improvements that I should implement?

Vote and comment!