|| Chapter 38.25 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

Showing Yuma around the castle was more tiresome than everyone had expected - Youth truly was an admirable thing. It had gotten late evening until the knights were done which led to everyone returning to their rooms and calling it a day. That also applied to Rouen.

He was currently at the door of his room, his gaze resting on Kai and Yuma who lied on his bed, already asleep. A small smile formed on the ravenet's face before he made his way to the two others silently. There he took off his knight attire and eyepatch, placing them on either chair or commode.

Once he was ready, he slowly climbed onto the bed, attempting to emit as little noise and movements as possible. Even if he was sleeping, the slight shifting of the mattress was enough to make Kai aware of Rouen's presence, resulting in the dark skinned male inching closer to the other.

Rouen wrapped his strong arms around the younger knight and kept him close to himself, feeling relaxation thanks to the body warmth that emanated from Kai's body. The one-eyed man neared his face to Kai's placing a soft kiss on his lips before closing his eyes as well.

It had been years since he started sleeping with Kai (in more ways than one), and it hadn't always been a pleasant thing for him. Not because he didn't like Kai or anything like that, it was more because of what his power was capable of.

With power, Rouen meant Kai's aura which knowingly is the mythical classified Darkrai aura. Just like the Pokémon does, Kai has the ability to give people nightmares thanks to his aura, similar to how Yuma was able to stop time for a bit in the Tree of Beginning.

And because he had been sharing a bed with the dark skinned knight, Rouen has had quite a few nightmares as result, but that wasn't because Kai wanted him to have them. Again, just like Yuma wasn't able to, Kai isn't capable of fully controlling his aura either.

But lately, Rouen had stopped being haunted by that bad dream. A certain event he would never be able to completely get over with:

* * * 8 years ago * * *

Rota's second knight division eight years ago wasn't quite the same as today's. It hosted different members, one of which happened to be our one-eyed young man Rouen Seiran. Another familiar member would have been Myron's cousin Tristan Kenji who at that time and still now is a good friend of Rouen's.

Those two and their two other comrades were currently on a mission in Grona. It was one of the first attempts at negotiation between the two kingdoms. At that time it was King Silvio who ruled Grona. "Isn't this super exciting?"

Sir Ector Cador, a cheerful blond young man with fire red eyes exclaimed, grinning like a child despite being 21 years old

Tristan couldn't agree more, after all, it was the first time that the four of them had been sent to a different kingdom on a mission. Not only that, but Tristan and Ector got along very well, most probably because of their fiery personalities which weren't always much appreciated by the more serious member of the group, Sir Lamorak Accolon: "Could you at least try to act like a person your age, Ector?"